Pics On Mac Time Machine To Pc

samuijimmy

I have both Mac (SL) and PC (W7) systems going.... but want to get pictures from the Mac to my PC...

I have tried to plug Time Machine to PC, and it does not recognize the Drive :annoyed:

Anyone have any idea if this can be done? Simple solution if possible! ;)

No you can't read your dime machine drive on a windows computer. Why don't you just buy a cheap flash drive and copy that way?

Thanks Nidge, ... not the answer I was hoping for!

Have flash drive so will give that a go, just going to be long and tedious!<_<

Why not just copy them over the network?

Just enable filesharing on the mac and turn o n SMB

Then you can browse your osx-home on the windows pc

Well got things sorted, thanks to my Russian neighbour, who knows both PC & Mac inside out! He used some program to convert the files... Between using ACDsee on PC, Lightroom and Aperture... it's a right mess trying to read different picture files... :blink: I did come across a program called Photoscape, which seems to read multiple file types....

Wishing that Picasa, had an easier way to downsize images, without having to go through Picnik.... I have reached the point of using the KISS method,.... Keep it simple stupid! ;)

He even got a backup drive, working again! :)

It took 6 hours to transfer copy over the15,000 + pics... but at least can see them on both PC & Mac... We will set up file sharing correctly in the next few days...then move the best over to the Mac. There is a lot of deleting to do, as there are thousands of pics going back to 1999 to sort through ! :(

The flash card idea, I did try... but would have taken days...or months or would actually never happen!

Thanks anyways for the ideas!