Saraburi Hotels

elliss

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

There is only only place in Saraburi that I would call decent. It's actually an apartment block called Charoonrat Apartments. I stayed here for a month when we first moved to the area. It's located on Sut Banthat which runs parallel to the main highway that passes through Saraburi.

The rooms are basic but extremely clean. Large bed (a little on the hard side), TV with cable with about 60 channels (ScyFi, Universal, A Jezera News, BBC world News, the rest Thai). Air Con, small balcony, small bathroom/wet room with Toilet/ basin & shower. Kettle with 3 in 1 coffee free. No refrigerator Dressing table and wardrobe. The rooms are Baht 500 per night or Baht 400 if you stay for 5-days in a row. Not pre-booking required although it can get quite full at weekends.

Easiest way to get there is slip off the main northbound highway on to the side road and pass through the Tesco Car Park. Out of Tesco on the back lane turn left onto Sut Banthat, Make the first U-turn just 100M down the road. Half way back towards Tesco turn left. There's a Large Red arrow high up pointing into the soi. 50m In and it'son the left. Good parking with security on all night. If you are arriving by Mini-Van or bus it is about 7 or 8 minutes walk from the Bus Station.

Unfortunately no food or room service but Tesco has a great Thai food court, including KFC, Swensens,Pizza Company etc. It's literally 5-minutes slow walk from the apartments. There is also plenty of cheap street food stalls in the afternoon/evening if you want to try it.

There is also Saraburi Inn located after Saraburi on the northbound main highway. It's just after Makro. This place look great from the outside and the reception is impressive. Unfortunately the rooms are absolutely terrible. They are filthy and they smell. Air Cons not brilliant. Just short of Baht 1800 per night.

Edited by dvdlock

I can't really help here other than to agree that the Saraburi Inn is terrible and over priced. I was there a couple of days ago to swim in their pool. It was 600 baht for 2 adults and 2 kids and the pool is tiny. If we weren't so bored we would have gone somewhere else. or at least we would have done if there was somewhere else to go in Saraburi. What are you planning to do when you are here? It's one of the most insignificant places i have ever visited in Thailand.

Nidge.