I Thought I Could Get Away From This

MrBrad

One of the tings I like about Asia is that it is, largely, Buddhist. They don't need Christians prosthelytizing here trying to convert uneducated Hill-tribes etc. It is defended on this board as most posters are white and, whilst maybe not practicing, Christian and they see Buddhism as an 'interesting' and 'exotic' part of Asia without understanding it. Christians pick Africa and Asia as it's 'easy pickings' for their 'crusade' to save souls. I, personally, believe Christianity a rather 'immature' religion compared to Buddhism.

Why don't the buddhists take care of the hill tribes? That would take away the opening for other religions to gain market share?

Everybody gives Buddhism a walk but it's some serious Kool Aid that exploits the lower classes. Ask the Chinese and their perception of Tibetan Buddhism's treatment of the 95% of Tibetan serf's. They couldn't stomach the inequity and exploitation.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the tings I like about Asia is that it is, largely, Buddhist. They don't need Christians prosthelytizing here trying to convert uneducated Hill-tribes etc. It is defended on this board as most posters are white and, whilst maybe not practicing, Christian and they see Buddhism as an 'interesting' and 'exotic' part of Asia without understanding it. Christians pick Africa and Asia as it's 'easy pickings' for their 'crusade' to save souls. I, personally, believe Christianity a rather 'immature' religion compared to Buddhism.

Why don't the buddhists take care of the hill tribes? That would take away the opening for other religions to gain market share?

Everybody gives Buddhism a walk but it's some serious Kool Aid that exploits the lower classes. Ask the Chinese and their perception of Tibetan Buddhism's treatment of the 95% of Tibetan serf's. They couldn't stomach the inequity and exploitation.

What you really mean is... 'why don't the Thais take care of the Hilltribes'? - I do agree that 'half a loaf is better than none' and any Christian or Buddhist or Atheist or whatever who cares and helps the needy get's my support - I made that point earlier when debating education. It's the prosthelytizing I am against not the helping of people - so the quiet non-preaching Christians who help are welcome as part of an eclectic society.

Most Thais are not Buddhist (I do not say this for 'effect') most Thais are a mixture of Animism, Hinduism and Buddhism and so we cannot say 'why don't the Buddhist's take care of the Hill-Tribes' - and in fact some do but I don't want to cloud the water. Anyone, who helps anyone, is undertaking 'good'.

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

You're right about Buddhism but 'saving' the Tibetans from feudalism is the standard propaganda line fed to all Chinese schoolchildren. Ironically it's the same rationalization used by the West to force open and exploit China in the 19th century. Tibet was invaded and annexed (or re-annexed) for the usual reasons -- strategic and economic.

At The Christian school, where I work I, was asking my high school kids about Easter today. They were able to tell me about rabbits and chocolate. I was very happy to see the religious brainwashing working so well.

And before anyone points it out I do understand about being an atheist and working at a Christian school.

The Christian religious fanatics are not just trying to save Thais.

There is a big end of the world movement going on right now~ just google it if you want more information.

Thai's, Chinese..........Lost Tribes of the Amazon, it matters not...........they all build up points.

Mainly those in warmer climates though,

I doubt if there are too many in Verkhoyanskin, Russia or Snag in the Yukon.

With all the terrible natural disasters now happening, expect an increase of input from the Armageddonites as their armory of fear has increased substantially.

Edited by uptheos

There is a big end of the world movement going on right now~ just google it if you want more information.

I have not been a practicing Christian for some time, but I have to admit that it is starting to look like they may be right. :o

TN_YS_71506_149.jpg

it's those Mayans you should blame wink.gif

I have not been a practicing Christian for some time, but I have to admit that it is starting to look like they may be right. :o

TN_YS_71506_149.jpg

No worries, there has to be a second coming first and I think it will be at MacDonald's on 47th and Broadway

The Christian religious fanatics are not just trying to save Thais.

I've been getting a lot of those "End of the World" brochures lately in the mailbox, stuck under the windshield wiper, etc. I even got one in my bag when shopping at Talat San Pakoy yesterday! I often wondered why there were so many t-shirts with Christian themes on them for sale in the clothing shops there. The shop owners are mostly all Christians I am told.