Best Vga Card For Gaming

thaiowl

Last weekend I bought my son a new (Belta) computer with a brill 19" LCD monitor. He tried to play Battlestation 2 but can't because the video card is not the correct spec. Can anyone recommend the best VGA card for gaming (Nvidia GForce) and the approximate cost.

First check if your PC has a PCI Express or AGP slot

If it is PCI then without doubt the very best card to get is the Asus Extreme N7800 GTX TOP. It is based on the Nvidea 7800 but cooled and overclocked at the factory.

I got mine from Pantip just last week and am amazed at the difference in speed from my last card (ATI X700). Am now ready for Fear, B&W 2 and HL2 HDR games! Bit expensive at 26k though

First check if your PC has a PCI Express or AGP slot

If it is PCI then without doubt the very best card to get is the Asus Extreme N7800 GTX TOP. It is based on the Nvidea 7800 but cooled and overclocked at the factory.

I got mine from Pantip just last week and am amazed at the difference in speed from my last card (ATI X700). Am now ready for Fear, B&W 2 and HL2 HDR games! Bit expensive at 26k though

Bt26K is too much. Any other decent VGA cards under Bt7K?

That price the best you should aim for is a Geforce 6600, Pretty good card and should hold its own with games for a few years.

You still need to know if its AGP or PIC-Express (I would hazard a guess that its AGP though).

I'll second that for the price range. New system so hopefully pci-express. Have a look at some options:

http://www.pantipprice.com/product.asp?sc_id=499

The number of models of video cards on the market is a bit overwhelming. Best to ignore all the buzz words and look for benchmarks of your game to make the best selection for the price.

I have an Asus A9520 (nVidia GeForce engine) that I have been quite happy with. The majority of the games have had no problem (eg. MS Flight Simulator 2004,Jane's F/A18). It is just a little underpowered though for Doom3 and have to pull the screen resolution down a little to 1024x768. It's 128MB feeding two screens so one with more memory (256) and faster engine (Asus N6600 -GeForce 6600 engine) as suggested already and at 6700 Baht will probably do very well.