Splitting Up A Chonote In To Small Blocks But Not To Sell Immediately

This is a little bit hypothetical at this stage, so forgetting about relivent taxes to another party for this question. Has anyone had any experience with this and know how the cost are done?

I am wondering as there is no name change if they tax you or is it a standard fee for the land office person to come out, stake it out and draw up a new Chanote?

Scenario 1:

We have a single 6 Rai block of land, we would like to break up into 6 times 1 Rai blocks to put some on the market down the track and build on one.

Scenario 2:

We own 3 blocks of land of different sizes totaling 10 Rai that do touch each other, (a common boundary, not horny land). They are all obscure shapes that makes building on the much harder and not good for resale. Can you go to the land office and have them dived into 4 blocks of 2.5 Rai each and easier to work with shapes?

I have been looking in TV search, and not seen this addressed anywhere.

Thanks rolleyes.gif

Good, so no transfer taxes.

Yes it would be less than 8 blocks, probably 4 or 5.

I am a bit confused by the 50k comment. Is this 50k per block, or a standard fee to do up to 8 blocks?

6-24 months for the surveyor to stake them out do the land office to do the paperwork for new Chanotes?

Thanks for your reply, I am just trying to clarify what you meant exactly. rolleyes.gif

Max 8 plots right enough, but last few times i have done it in Pattaya, 4500 baht to land office and they have never been longer than 1 month to come out to survey, thereafter about another 1 month to recieve the new chanotes.

Good, so no transfer taxes.

Yes it would be less than 8 blocks, probably 4 or 5.

I am a bit confused by the 50k comment. Is this 50k per block, or a standard fee to do up to 8 blocks?

6-24 months for the surveyor to stake them out do the land office to do the paperwork for new Chanotes?

Thanks for your reply, I am just trying to clarify what you meant exactly. rolleyes.gif

50k baht should cover all expenses up to 8 Chanotes.

In Phuket it seems hard to do in less than 6 months, and some use more

Thanks Fellows for the expanded explanations.

Everything seems hard in Phuket, lucky I am not in Phuket !!! LOL rolleyes.gif

So if you have a few months up your sleeve, should be all good then. The lady next door had to "donate" 30k to get next week service she told us, said the chap was done in 20mins !

And I thought BIB were onto a good thing !!!! whistling.gif