90 Day Reporting By Post

Hi Ive just done my 90 day reporting for the first time by post to Bangkok, its now two weeks and still no new 90 slip returned...? is Two weeks about normal to wait...? or should I get in touch with the immigration office...?

Thanks ....Mumbo

You did include a self-addressed stamped envelope I assume?

I mailed mine on Sept 19, it was due on Sept 23. I received the receipt back on the 29th. Always a sigh of relief when I get it back 'cause I don't really want a trip to Bangkok just to staighten out a 90 Day Report. Will be happy when they finally open this new Korat Office. :o

I am with you on that Ken, I live about 2 hours from Korat, I got my wife to telephone the immigration ( panic, panic) and she sopke to a lady ( and got her name and Phone extension number ) she said its in their book and is being processed, she said it should normally take 10 day's , if I don't get it by the end of next week, ive got to ring her , so its wait and see for now, Does any one have any more info on the new office in Korat....?

thanks.......... Mumbo

Yeah, I waited two full weeks one time.

I was nervous, but the slip arrived the next day.

Make sure you have the mailing receipt to show you did mail it in.

If you have saved previous 90 day slips, that is good evidence you are complying regularly just in case you have to go down there to straighten it out, or want to mail in another request from upcountry. Make copies and send them to show your good faith. Then there should be no fines levied against you which can be 5000THB and some 200THB per day more.

If you have saved previous 90 day slips, that is good evidence you are complying regularly just in case you have to go down there to straighten it out, or want to mail in another request from upcountry. Make copies and send them to show your good faith. Then there should be no fines levied against you which can be 5000THB and some 200THB per day more.

Are you sure about the amount of the fine?

From what I have read on this forum, the fine for a late 90-day report is a flat THB 2,000 (rumours of a planned increase to a flat THB 5,000), regardless of the number of days late, except that no fine is levied if the report is made no more than 7 days late.

Report in person if you cannot mail it off in time to arrive by the 90-day deadline.

Believe the "can be" is the operative phrase. Do not believe anyone has been charged 5,000 yet (but we did have report several days ago of someone being told they owed that amount but got a discount to 2,000) but the law is in place so policy could change at any time.

Believe the "can be" is the operative phrase.

First I thought the amount of the fine, like of fees, would be prescribed in a Ministerial Regulation but following a search I see that it is right there in the Immigration Act:

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Source: Immigration Act, B.E. 2522

And paulfr was right, of course (how could I doubt him?), the maximum fine can be THB 5,000 plus THB 200 per day. Aha, now I see where the “can be” comes in.

Thank you, Lopburi, for setting me straight.

Edited by maestro

…the maximum fine [for a late 90-report] can be THB 5,000 plus THB 200 per day.

“Hub” and “crackdown” have become fashionable words used by the Thai government of late. Perhaps Thailand is becoming a hub for crackdowns :o

With apparent signs of a crackdown on late 90-day reporters, should expats with a deficit in this respect begin to tremble in their boots and rush to put matters in order before higher fines become the norm? That “plus THB200 per day” can be scary!

Just a thought.

Some non-O visa holders with annual extensions have posted that they have not made this periodic report for years. Can they avoid a fine by leaving the country, with a re-entry permit, then re-enter the country and start with a clean slate as far as the 90-day reporting requirement is concerned? I believe to have read a suggestion to this effect.

Just a small point.

Posters here on 30 day or tourist visas are regularly ripped apart for overstaying. As more senior members point out there is no excuse.

So why should a person who has qualified for a longer term visa requiring 90 day reporting not "be shaking in their boots" because they're late?

They've not complied with imm requirements and should have to pay the penalty as everyone else does.

200 baht a day? I thought you had to have a bit of money to even qualify for the non O's etc. Surely that can't be a problem?