Ais Netsim

longstebe

Alright fellas

I'm guessing I need to set the APN's on my mobile phone for this sim card I have so I can access the internet.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

I have the Samsung (google) Nexus S phone (unlocked). The sim is AIS NetSim edge/gprs.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have AIS 3G in your location?

Operator: – AIS

GPRS APN: – internet

Dial: *99***1#

Username: – {blank}

Password: – {blank}

DNS: – 202.183.255.20, 202.183.255.21

AIS now advertise on TV for their 3G + Wi-fi + Edge service. I forget the price.

Anyway I went to Serenade lounge at Paragon to ask about this and was told that the 3G and wi-fi was only available in a "few hotspots."

Ais 3G in Bangkok is basically only available at the Serenade lounge and vicinity at Siam Paragon. I think AIS has capacity issues on its 900Mhz frequency in Bangkok and that is why they are not deploying 3G here. They keep making deals with TOT3G to roam on data but they keep falling through. The latest rumors in Thai press is that AIS is trying to buy out TOT3G and make it part of the AIS network.

This 3G problem drives me mad. If you want good coverage nationwide go with AIS (2G) but if you want speed in Bangkok go with TOT3G - I must admit if they join forces in one way or another it will be a good partnership, however AIS's large customer base might slow the 3G network unless they improve the existing TOT infrastructure. I hope they can sort this as I couldn't face giving more of my money to True, in addition to my True Vision membership..