Trade Phuket Property/Home For My Home In Usa

Hello,

I am presently working on retiring in Thailand, most likely Phuket area.

I am interested in swapping (permanent trade) a Thai property for my USA property.

I have a home near Miami in a town called Boca Raton, Florida.

I would be happy to post pics or send if anyone may have interest.

I prefer Phuket but am open to all types of offers within Thailand. Businesses, land, etc.

I hope this post is allowed, not quite sure of proper place to post it.

Thank You,

danny

088-4428-452

my home is a 2950 square foot Pool home located in central Boca Raton.

present value of home is aprox. 320K

post-129781-0-03435700-1303212099_thumb.

post-129781-0-71831000-1303212116_thumb.

You can't own land in Thailand.. And likely you're going to find it hard to find someone who'll trade ya but hey TIT and good luck..

He owns in the US not Thailand

Yes, I understand that, do you?

I prefer Phuket but am open to all types of offers within Thailand. Businesses, land, etc.

You can't own land in Thailand.. And likely you're going to find it hard to find someone who'll trade ya but hey TIT and good luck..

He owns in the US not Thailand

Yes, I understand that, do you?

Yes I do...do you know it is possible to OWN land in Thailand but without knowing the OPs circumstances we cant tell either way

Yes I do...do you know it is possible to OWN land in Thailand but without knowing the OPs circumstances we cant tell either way

If the OP had the required 40 million baht circumstances I suspect he would not need to swap property.

Yes, you truly are an Interested Observer :D .

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hello all, didn't know I was getting any responses to this thread ~ new at this ~ I was never emailed(thought i would be) of anyone responding ~ thanx ~ i didn't know you could put up more than 2 photos as that was what was offered ~ I can put up more photos or email anyone interested ~ ALso, I've been told if land was purchased before the new laws, i think called "freehold" that a farang can own it ~ anyone know if this is right?? also heard farangs can own condos and I'm not against swapping for one of those ~

k, have a great day!

Why no photo of the house ?..are you only trading garden and pool ?

pic w/ coconut trees is the front of the house though it is quite covered in Foilage ~

Hello all, didn't know I was getting any responses to this thread ~ new at this ~ I was never emailed(thought i would be) of anyone responding ~ thanx ~ i didn't know you could put up more than 2 photos as that was what was offered ~ I can put up more photos or email anyone interested ~ ALso, I've been told if land was purchased before the new laws, i think called "freehold" that a farang can own it ~ anyone know if this is right?? also heard farangs can own condos and I'm not against swapping for one of those ~

k, have a great day!

I suppose that is what I will do ~ just thought a swap eliminated a couple transactions if someone had interest ~ thanx for the reply ~

An unusual idea. Why not just sell and buy?

Because the US market is flatter than the Phuket market

k, have a great day!

What new laws? With rare exception, a foreigner cannot own (freehold) land in Thailand. A foreigner can own a condominium or a house without the land.

To the OP, please review the many, many posts on foreigner ownership of land in Thailand, and then search under Amity Treaty for a unique loophole for Americans. What did Mulder say... "the answers are out there!"

As an American architect & construction manager residing in Thailand, I follow the slow train wreck that is the US real estate market... stepped off, mid-crash in fact, with some loss of blood! Anyway, it seems that the investors are now moving into some markets with all cash deals being a large piece of the total transfers happening.

So this would signal that the bottom may have been reached; and if so, your property WILL sell at the right price. I'm going to recommend craigslist thailand, san francisco (the original & most active CL community) and los angeles (large Thai community) to garner interest in your property.

All the best,

[

Because the US market is flatter than the Phuket market

Wish it were true! In many US markets, the residential values are still falling as the jobs are still not coming back in a meaningful way and lenders refuse to just let fly on all their foreclosed inventory they have to liquidate. The result is a more slow motion unwinding of the 2000's decade of property appreciation.

See the latest US City Case Schiller reports in the attached, entitled "Buyers and Sellers not mating in the Wild." biggrin.gif Y-o-Y, only Washbag DC and San Diego are in positive territory. It is interesting that Florida is not mentioned!

Buyers and Sellers_ Not Mating in the Wild.pdf

To the OP, please review the many, many posts on foreigner ownership of land in Thailand, and then search under Amity Treaty for a unique loophole for Americans. What did Mulder say... "the answers are out there!"

The US-Thai Amity Treaty does not allow for American ownership of land, if that is being implied by the reference.

k, have a great day!

I would recommend a free ad in classfieds.ThaiVisa.com where you can upload 4 photos