Vientiane Visa Run Between Two Holidays Possible?

I need to go for a tourist visa run before May 7. The problem is Monday May 2 is Thai Labor Day(observed) and Thursday May 5 is Coronation Day. So is it possible to drop my passport off on Tues May 3 and pick it up the next day May 4? In theory I imagine it's possible but I'm curious what others have experienced in getting stuff done around the holidays. I really don't want to get hung up in Vientiane for an extra day or weekend. Thanks

Should not be a problem if you qualify for a tourist visa - normal is submit morning and pick up next afternoon.

One more scenario, since I'm having a hard time changing my air ticket. What if I drop my documents off on May 4th, will they be ready May 6th, the day after the holiday? And if so, would it be safe to travel (w/o passport) outside of Vientiane, maybe Luang Prabang? Thanks in advance.

I seriously doubt you can travel upcountry without a passport and I would not even be thinking about it. But it has been about 35 years since I was last there so perhaps things have changed a bit. :whistling:

I would expect visa to be available on next workday afternoon if submitted in morning. The one time this happened to me (in Penang) they processed everyone the same day as a holiday goodwill gesture. But I would not expect that.

I seriously doubt you can travel upcountry without a passport and I would not even be thinking about it. But it has been about 35 years since I was last there so perhaps things have changed a bit. :whistling:

I would expect visa to be available on next workday afternoon if submitted in morning. The one time this happened to me (in Penang) they processed everyone the same day as a holiday goodwill gesture. But I would not expect that.

Lucky you. OK I'll stick w my original plan of Wed morn drop, Thurs aftn p/u and take a hit with the airfare changes. Thanks!