Thai Couple Arrested For Offering 'Swinging Service'

webfact

Was a crime committed? As I see it they were only asking for 1,500Bt traveling expenses. Which would seem very reasonable to me.

I wonder, what was the cost of setting up the sting. Amazing Thailand? :lol:

jb1

they are just fanatic and took away the people freedom.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be that the police suspected that this was a case of forced prostitution where the husband was the pimp. The woman's statement contradicts this and there may be no other evidence that this is the case, but if that is indeed what the police suspected then at least give them credit for trying to do the right thing for once. As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

:blink:

Huh??? You must not be familiar with the practices in this industry, I would not want to know how much of the girls are forced to begin with. Admittedly, most of them have a hard time giving up their earnings once they get used to it, but believe that there is plenty of forced prostitution going one!!

It could be that the police suspected that this was a case of forced prostitution where the husband was the pimp. The woman's statement contradicts this and there may be no other evidence that this is the case, but if that is indeed what the police suspected then at least give them credit for trying to do the right thing for once. As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

:blink:

Huh??? You must not be familiar with the practices in this industry, I would not want to know how much of the girls are forced to begin with. Admittedly, most of them have a hard time giving up their earnings once they get used to it, but believe that there is plenty of forced prostitution going one!!

You mean like Mumma & Poppa sending them from the village so they can send money home, to allow them to carry on their lives in a hammock and pissed on Lao-Khao? Would never happen. :whistling:

jb1

What law are they meant to have broken?

Taking money for traveling expenses? No.

Illegal sex? - No.

Prostitution forced or otherwise? - No.

Done something some people find distasteful? - perhaps.

I don't understand.:blink:

Edited by newermonkey

They forgot to mention that the arrests only took place after the all the fun was finished and that was when the Police revealed themselves.

So the police revealed themselves also, now is getting out of hand, or in hand ?

Another post where I had to check whether the dateline is April 1 first! The longer I'm here, the more I'm convinced that one should check logic and reason at the door. On the other hand, if you enjoy a bit of "theatre of the absurd", this is the place to be.

Next they will introduce Sharia law...

I cannot believe these people have been named and shamed!

As said before, some may find this distasteful or perverse but I don't see how they are breaking the law any more than the hundreds of karaoke and ladybars.

Reminds me more of Malaysia every day. Next they will be outlawing sex outside of marriage. Perhaps wearing the burka will help?

Hypocrisy is just becoming a way of life in this wonderful enlightened country.

They spend so mush time, money and energy conducting a sting operation to arrest a husband and wife fish mongers for alleged prostitution related offences. If any BIB are reading this I can give you a tip off that will make a hero in Thailand for the fight against prostitution. There is a certain little coastal town in the country where this sort of thing is rampant. Just take a convoy of prison vans down there and you could arrest maybe 75% of the citizens. You would be more famous than those involved in the sting on 2 fish merchants.

What law are they meant to have broken?

Taking money for traveling expenses? No.

Illegal sex? - No.

Prostitution forced or otherwise? - No.

Done something some people find distasteful? - perhaps.

I don't understand.:blink:

me too

copy&paste from a topic i've started few months ago (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/408599-is-swinging-illegal-in-thailand'+base%3D/ )

ok, can we say it, among thai laws

there is not offence for "swinging" ?

and those arrested during the party are charged of :

- lewd act (although in a private house?!), [patrons]

- pimping, [party's organizers]

- prostitution, [prostitutes]

are we 100% sure? because in some countries... ohmy.gif

http://latimesblogs....r-adultery.html

555 sell fish and sex

hope she washes her hands before she touches the other :)

the police reveiled themselves that this was a sting, when it was time to pay up the 500 baht each, i guess

Edited by exbelg

Very kind of the newspapers to give them free advertising, name and location.

Personally, I really don't like women who smell like fish.

The wife, Wanna Panthamai, 31, told police that she was not forced into prostitution by her husband but she volunteered for the group sex.

She said she used to have the group sex once and she has been living with her husband for two years.

They make their living by selling fish in Chumphon, they said.

A very good advertisement for all men/ couples to buy smelly fish from Wanna in Chumpon......:jap:

555 sell fish and sex

hope she washes her hands before she touches the other :)

the police reveiled themselves that this was a sting, when it was time to pay up the 500 baht each, i guess

And now for the old bad joke.

"Blind man passes the fish stall and says 'Evening ladies'..."

all sounds a bit fishy to me

Sarawut claimed that his wife had high sexual desire and had a fantasy of sleeping with four or five men at the same time so he arrange the group sex for her.

Just for her?:jap:

So I am assuming that the police will now police Soi Cowboy and the like to arrest the daily occurrence of "Bar Fines"? Or would that cost this government to much in lost revenue?!?!

Why would the BIB police soi cowboy? this is a source of revenue for them the group sex thing just makes good news ( for some people ) the clowns who believe anything the BIB say.

They crack down on this but Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy go full speed ahead. It confuses me!blink.gif

and long may they do so - if they closed nana, cowboy and pattaya bars - the visitor figures to Thailand would be slightly behind Huddersfield in terms of numbers!!

Remember!! Whether youre in denial or not - Thailand IS built on rice and sex!!

Hang on a minute, I lived in Huddersfield for over 30 years and we have a good tourist area. Nora Batty's house, Sid's Cafe and I don't see many Whippets or Ferrets in Thailand.giggle.gif

Please pm me where I can get a pac kage tour.

As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

lol? You cannot be serious.

From wikipedia:

Human trafficking

Thailand is listed by the UNODC as both a top destination for victims of human trafficking and a major source of trafficked persons.[43]

A proportion of prostitutes over the age of 18, including foreign nationals from Asia and Europe, are in a state of forced sexual servitude and slavery.[44]

There are reports of bribe taking by some low- or mid-level police officers facilitating the most severe forms of trafficking in persons.[3]

Ethnic minorities such as northern hill tribe peoples, many of whom do not have legal status in the country, are at a disproportionately high risk for trafficking internally and abroad. Within the country women are trafficked from the impoverished northeast and the north toBangkok for sexual exploitation.

They crack down on this but Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy go full speed ahead. It confuses me!blink.gif

You are so right about this?? It confused me as well? Help??

Poverty in Thailand is rising every day and no one addresses the issue except doing quick thing for quick money. This couple will be in jail for a while and I wonder who takes care of the children. May be their parents or relatives have to rescue. My take and opinion.

As for Nana, Cowboy etcetera, what goes on there may be distasteful to some but does not fall into the category of forced prostitution as far as I know.

lol? You cannot be serious.

From wikipedia:

Human trafficking

Thailand is listed by the UNODC as both a top destination for victims of human trafficking and a major source of trafficked persons.[43]

A proportion of prostitutes over the age of 18, including foreign nationals from Asia and Europe, are in a state of forced sexual servitude and slavery.[44]

There are reports of bribe taking by some low- or mid-level police officers facilitating the most severe forms of trafficking in persons.[3]

Ethnic minorities such as northern hill tribe peoples, many of whom do not have legal status in the country, are at a disproportionately high risk for trafficking internally and abroad. Within the country women are trafficked from the impoverished northeast and the north toBangkok for sexual exploitation.

Rarely seen in touristy areas. Mainly in the huge home gown (90% of) prostitution rackets just for the Thai men.