Blackouts !

worgeordie

This year we have had 4/5 decent rains and every time the electricity

has gone down in our Mooban on Mae Jo Road,

Last night been the latest and it usually happens when something

good is on the TV (that must be an oxymoron), I am sure it cannot

be doing the computer or TV any good as it stutters on/off several

times in quick succession,and I am sure the electricity company

would not take any responsibility for any damage that was caused.

Must remember to stock up on candles and batteries ,the Rainy Season

is coming !!!

Take care Droogs Worgeordie

Nam Phrae, near hang Dong - same same.

Even if there is a hint of rain, let alone a storm. Bang goes the Lekky.

The best investment that i made was a 1000 baht set of emergency ligting from HomePro, some hurricane lanps fromTesco Lotus

and some vey large yellow Buddhist Candles from Talad Hang Dong that do not drip wax all over the table or wherever.

Tambon Sanpagwan area around Wangtan off for about 5 hours last night. Never sure whether its directly cos of the weather or indirectly with people using vehicles to slide into electrical poles. I have no reason to believe that is any more uncommon today than it used to be!

5 Hours huh. The repair technicians drive with their cars over the main road and look into the sois if there is light. We live in a side soi of a soi and they never check it out. 6 Hours is usual. So, here nearby Saraphi it is all the same or worse. Heavy rainshowers or thunder or a squall, the electricity system has no proof against it. Thai seem to exept it completely, just as I do exept when the lamppost start to work again wich means they repaired the electricity in the main soi. My wife have to call several times before they come back, I suppose they complete their round first. And no technician seem to remember it ever.

Edited by Joop50

... snip ... some vey large yellow Buddhist Candles from Talad Hang Dong that do not drip wax all over the table or wherever.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gladiator,

You've got us really curious, now. We've tried the yellow-orangish candles from your typical Buddhist supply store, in both large and small sizes, and found they drip most copiously. We once asked, in vain, in this forum where to buy dripless candles, but, alas, had no reply.

Is there a particular brand you have found relatively drip-lesser ? Will also check out "hurricane lamps," as you mentioned.

thanks, ~o:37;

what with my dzizy spells and now your blackouts , were a fine pair to represent the n.e. of england!

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Doppa,

Wasn't aware of this type of English sport; where are the finals held ? Is this related to the Australian sport known as "chundering" ?

best, ~o:37;

what with my dzizy spells and now your blackouts , were a fine pair to represent the n.e. of england!

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Doppa,

Wasn't aware of this type of English sport; where are the finals held ? Is this related to the Australian sport known as "chundering" ?

best, ~o:37;

dear o37, its just a bit of banter between two Geordies

kind regards Worgeordie

What is?

HAARP = High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program, gives conspiracy theorists something to harp on.

Cheers, CMX

Was that pun intentional, if so very good. :-)

Try this out. Its apparently of ufo's and some of it is truly mind-blowing. I think some of it;s Haarp.

http://worldstarhiph...YIAW66j0ci9k3D7

P.S the one around 7mins is amazing

Edited by james24

... snip ... some vey large yellow Buddhist Candles from Talad Hang Dong that do not drip wax all over the table or wherever.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gladiator,

You've got us really curious, now. We've tried the yellow-orangish candles from your typical Buddhist supply store, in both large and small sizes, and found they drip most copiously. We once asked, in vain, in this forum where to buy dripless candles, but, alas, had no reply.

Is there a particular brand you have found relatively drip-lesser ? Will also check out "hurricane lamps," as you mentioned.

thanks, ~o:37;

Sawsdee Khap Khun Orang!

I have the box in front of me. It is a blue box with with lettering on in both Thai and English script. The Englsh quotes 'Thummavit Candle Light'.

I buy mine from 'The Monk Shop' by the car park ar the Hang Dong market,. but I am sure that other Monk shops at other locations also, sell. The candles come in both yellow and white and are approximately a foot long and do and burn well and long.

The Hurricane lamps, I used to use on a boat a lifetime ago. I guess that Campers also use. They are cheap and cheerful but try to but some good quality oli, both for the aroma and also to stop 'blacken' up the surrounding glass.

Good luck !

G.