Anti-Government “Red Shirts” Injured At Pattaya Protest Site By Mystery Shooter

Rimmer

Anti-government “Red Shirts” injured at Pattaya protest site by mystery shooter

PATTAYA: -- Two Anti-government red shirt supporters were shot and injured following an incident at the well-known Red Shirt protest site in Jomtien. The incident occurred on Thursday Morning as a team of red shirts were preparing the site for a rally which is taking place there on Saturday. Khun Bajuab aged 49, a close friend of core red shirt leaders, was shot in his leg, however a fellow red shirt, Khun Somshai aged 45 was shot in his stomach and left leg and is currently fighting for his life in the Intensive Care Unit at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-04-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Two Thai 'Red Shirts' wounded in shooting

BANGKOK, April 21, 2011 (AFP) - Two members of Thailand's "Red Shirt" opposition protest movement were shot and wounded Thursday while preparing for a weekend demonstration, police said.

The pair, men aged 49 and 43, were shot by two men on a motorcycle in Chonburi Province southeast of Bangkok, in an area where supporters of the red-clad movement are expected to gather on Saturday.

They were taken to a local hospital. One of the men was seriously injured.

Police said the motive for the shooting was not yet known.

More than 90 people, mostly civilians, died in street clashes between Red Shirt protesters and armed troops in central Bangkok in April and May 2010.

Thailand, which is preparing for elections later this year, remains deeply divided following the political violence, the country's worst in decades.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2011-04-21

I think the Red Shirts want to present their own flag for all provinces in Thailand. They will do this in each provincial capital, except for Chonburi province, where they chose Pattaya. Why? I can only imagine that many Thai business owners here do not appreciate that choice in a difficult touristic environment.

Anyway I am out of Thai politics, just want to have a stressless and quiet life like 95% of the population!

Edited by moo9

It's a pity people were not better educated here.. same as most of America today the uneducated are all left to turn out the lights.. but most are too stupid ti find the switches..

Jack, i just spell and grammar checked your post.

There were five errors that needed correcting.

Now what was that about education.........?

i think someone is sending a message

having no doubt got the point of the message, the reds will be fully armed on Sunday and would be a very good target for a police raid.

the resulting publicity of arms finds would cast a dark shadow over the 'peaceful' reds of Pattaya .

good news for everyone, except the reds (unless they were fake reds)............

It's a pity people were not better educated here.. same as most of America today the uneducated are all left to turn out the lights.. but most are too stupid ti find the switches..

perfect...laugh.gif

Education is not about grammer or spelling,

It is about understanding

and I is in upper case

Please enlighten us: which five? And check your own . . .

Please enlighten us: which five? And check your own . . .

Don't care if there are five or fifty five mistakes, this sniping and off topic none sense must stop.

Education is not about grammer or spelling,

It is about understanding

and I is in upper case

dam_n , just saw Rimmers post ....................EDITED......

Edited by timekeeper

Didn't see any towers, but I confess that while I was waiting for the light I was looking for sniper positions. There was a tension there that made me pretty uncomfortable.

I've done a little reading and I think both sides have some good intentions, but change comes on it's own time table. Democracy is a good thing in theory, but it relies on the intelligence and good judgement of the voters. Any system can be good or bad it depends solely on the leaders who are in charge. I'm inclined to agree that the best system is a monarchy when the king is a great leader who can balance the needs of the people and can facilitate progress.

I was a "fixer" in my career. My job was to fix organizations that had become dysfunctional. I was given a lot of power to do that and I tried to produced balanced outcomes. Unfortunatly the pressure to deprive people of progress and the benefits of their labors has been hijacked by greed. Human societies are succomming to it everywhere. The road towards a sustainable balance is long and the process is messy. I'm observing the Thai's trying to get it while my own country seems to be intent of giving it up.

I wish the best for Thailand and the Thai people. It is their's to decide. I will try to stay out of the way while they do it.