Trains Hua Hin - Buriram

Blackandwhite

Negative. The lines don't even connect.

You would have to get the train from HH to BKK Southern train terminal (Thonburi side of the river) dismount and get across the river to Hua Lamphung rail terminal and catch a train to Ubon Ratchatani stopping at Buriram.

You can board an Isaan bound train at the Don Muang station directly opposite the airport in BKK if that's of any help.

Alternatively you can get a train from Hua Hin to Hualamphong but if you want to do the trip in a day you'll have to be an early riser.

There are 2 trains which leave HH for Hualamphong early morning which leave at 0520 and 0544 and arrive in BKK at 0945and 1005 respectively.

From BKK you can then have a bite to eat and get the 1105 train to Buriram which arrives at 1718

If you are bad at early mornings you can always get a later HH - BKK train and overnight in BKK before pushing on to Buriram th efollowing day. There are 2 trains which depart in the afternoon. One at 1415 and the other at 1638 arriving in BKK at 1910 and 2055 respectively.

If I was overnighting in BKK I'd take the 1415 and have a few relaxing beers whilst rolling up to BKK and still arrive in plenty of time for a good night out! Not that what I'd do is either here or there mind you but I thought I'd write it anyway......

:o

Anyone know if there is trains from Hua Hin to Buriram??

I trave from Hua Hin to Buri Ram frequently by train. The way we go is take the

Rapid train #174 from HH -BKK leaves 00:35 arrives BKK5:05

Once at Hua Lamphong we take the Sprinter #21 It leaves at 5:45 and arrives at Burio Ram 11:40, It is very nice and fast and they serve a breakfast and Lunch at Korat on the train.

This can be a bit tricky during a holiday if the train from Hua HIn to BKK is late because you only have 40 Minutes to catch the sprinter.

You can check this at the Train station in Hua HIn,

Hope this helps.

Once at Hua Lamphong we take the Sprinter #21 It leaves at 5:45 and arrives at Burio Ram 11:40, It is very nice and fast and they serve a breakfast and Lunch at Korat on the train.

This can be a bit tricky during a holiday if the train from Hua HIn to BKK is late because you only have 40 Minutes to catch the sprinter.

Hope this helps.

When I started to buy Hua Hin-BKK ticket, the agent in Hua Hin station couldn't sell me an onward ticket from BKK. That's a very antiquated system. So, when you get to Hua Lamphong, what if the tickets are all sold out for the next trip? Edited by PeaceBlondie

Believe all trains still stop at Bang Sue Junction so that would be the place to connect with more time. Get off at the Bang Sue Southern train platform and walk 2-300 meters further to the Northern/Northeastern platform and buy ticket there.

:D

Hope this helps.

When I started to buy Hua Hin-BKK ticket, the agent in Hua Hin station couldn't sell me an onward ticket from BKK. That's a very antiquated system. So, when you get to Hua Lamphong, what if the tickets are all sold out for the next trip?

We just bought a ticket for the sprinter to Buri Ram last week in Hua Hin and have done so before. At the train station in Hua Hin on the right side window "advance bookings" There is a man there with a computer terminal that will sell you the ticket from Hua Hin. The cost is 353 Baht.The sprinter leaves from Hua Lamphong. Don't understand why thet told you that could not buy a ticket there. In fact the ticket we just bought was where I got the train number and time for the sprinter to Buriram.

LL

I travel from Hua Hin to Buri Ram frequently by train. The way we go is take the

Wouldn't it be quicker by bus? I travelled from near Buriram to HH not long ago - left at about 09.30 and got into HH at about 19.00. Had to get a cab across BKK between bus stations. Cheap as well. :o

• 3 weeks later...
Alternatively you can get a train from Hua Hin to Hualamphong but if you want to do the trip in a day you'll have to be an early riser.

There are 2 trains which leave HH for Hualamphong early morning which leave at 0520 and 0544 and arrive in BKK at 0945and 1005 respectively.

From BKK you can then have a bite to eat and get the 1105 train to Buriram which arrives at 1718

If you are bad at early mornings you can always get a later HH - BKK train and overnight in BKK before pushing on to Buriram th efollowing day. There are 2 trains which depart in the afternoon. One at 1415 and the other at 1638 arriving in BKK at 1910 and 2055 respectively.

If I was overnighting in BKK I'd take the 1415 and have a few relaxing beers whilst rolling up to BKK and still arrive in plenty of time for a good night out! Not that what I'd do is either here or there mind you but I thought I'd write it anyway......

:o My God this proves a point, how sad comes to Thailand for a 2 week holiday and takes a Train Schedule home. A trainspoter? that figure's.

Ex pat wannabe, get out and enjoy life, you have vacated in Cha Am too many time's.