Threaded C02 Cartridges

I've seen them in several bike shops in the CM area, but always packaged with an inflater and much, much too expensive -- usually something like 300-400 baht for a package of two. I was annoyed when I asked a friend to bring me back a few from Europe and they were about 100 baht each. You can get them in bulk in the US for about 20 baht. the problem is that it is against airline regulations to fly with them either as carry-on baggage or checked baggage.

having been stuck in the middle of nowhere w/a broken pump, a flat & a stupid look on my face, 200 baht sounds cheap ;-) none of the shops in my area carry them. really love to have one in reserve.

i rode w/the gang from khu khot a couple of times last year & they told me they were using "expired" life vest inflators from a certain airline. needed a special valve but i can attest to it working A-OK. note that CO2 doesn't stay in tube for very long but it got me home w/those guys once.

it is against airline regulations to fly with them either as carry-on baggage or checked baggage.

And most of the US and European companies I've checked with online won't ship them overseas.

i rode w/the gang from khu khot a couple of times last year & they told me they were using "expired" life vest inflators from a certain airline.

:o