Remote Temperature Measuring

fft100

Hi,

in the UK and Europe, 'weather stations' that measure temperature, air pressure etc, and save highs / lows are very common. The really useful feature is the remote sensor that you place outside so you can see how cold it is in the morning. Most of them allow upto 3 remote sensors (purchase extra) and you toggle between them on the screen.

I dont want to see how cold it is outside. I want to measure the temperature in the roof space. I am trying to work out whether insulation or roof venting tiles would make a difference. To do that i would like 3 remote sensors. One would be placed just above the ceiling, one half way up the roof space and one at the top of the roof. Using the weather station i could quickly check all 3 sensors at any time of day and night, rain or dry and see what is actually happening in the roof space. That way, i could determine far better whether anything needs to be done, and what would be the best way to proceed.

Has anyone seen anything like this in thailand, or has a solution (digital thermometers connected upto infra-red transmitter/receiver etc etc)

Thanks

having just insulated my house here, i can assure you that it works. we have yet to use a/c at night since installing, and only really use it to dehumidfy .

DONT install the spray on stuff on the roof tiles. yes its supposed to stop burglars but it aint no good. why? because your roof space will still heat up to match the outside temperature and it will then retain that heat for longer due to the spray on foam.

the stuff you roll out on the plasterboard ( sheetrock in the US) works. its cheap, easy and nice and thick. I sued the stuff wrapped in silver foil and then u dont itch.

since your a/c is cooling your house, the best escape for it is thru the 1/4 inch thick plasterboard that divides your upstairs from the elements ( the ceiling). the insulated diference you will notice quuickly, plus you wont hear those nice thingies runnign around up there any more