Dog Theft

magenta_heart

Hi folks,

I'm brining my beautiful 17 year old dalmation to Bangkok. Do not know which part of Bangkok I will be living in yet. If I leave my dog in the yard will she get stollen? If I go to the store and tie her up outside to wait might she get stollen? If I kept her inside the house would someone come inside and steal her? Do you think she would be seen as valuable or something that someone would want to steal? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Guest IT Manager

In my village, she would be barbecued, but only if she was a soi dog. She will be quite safe however the man with the chicken may prove a problem, long term.

At 17 I guess babies aren't an issue, but are you sure about the heat etc.

AUA have now introduced a course for dogs. Takes 2 weeks to bark correctly.

Dalmatians are quite common over here, and stollen cakes uncommon so you should have no worries about having her fed with the wrong food.

She is also highly unlikely to be removed from your yard or from outside the supermarket as Dalmatian meat is known to be quite stringy and not pleasant to eat.

Be very cautious that you or your dog don't offend any Thai neighbors. Where I live they will poison a dog considered to be a nuisance with rat poison. It has happened to several of the dogs in my area and a couple of times the poison was injested by dogs other than those it was intended for. For this reason I have been very wary over my purebred's activity and whereabouts.

Also, I'm not sure about Bangkok or other places but where I live mange and ticks are a serious problem due to all the wild dogs and the climate here. I've found that the mange mites are very resistant to the shots, dips, and highly toxic chemicals the vet has administered to combat the problem. Try to keep your dog away from other dogs and infested areas if you can help it.

Guest IT Manager
Dalmatians are quite common over here, and stolen cakes uncommon so you should have no worries about having her fed with the wrong food.

She is also highly unlikely to be removed from your yard or from outside the supermarket as Dalmatian meat is known to be quite stringy and not pleasant to eat.

I have made a good dalmatian marinade which works well. 2 parts Chang beer, 1 glass of mekhong whiskey. After you drink that, steep the dog in warm water for 2 days, add garlic, ginger and cat stock to suit your taste. A pinch of salt, put the dog in a large pot, over a low flame. Put a rock on top.

Cook the lot for 3 days, then eat the rock.

Not bad. Serves 4, over a bed of rice.

I would not even think of bringing a dog here as we got plenty of em..

And one that is 17 years old most likely would not make the trip alive due to the crate time and lack of water for a day.

The heat would most likely kill it anyway once you got here,that is if the mange mites or other dogs and fleas didn't kill it first.

But you would not have it stolen as like I said,we got plenty of dogs and a Thai does not have a dog for a companion like farang do.and if they do then it is a (oops Kevvy made mistaking error of judgement)

From the guy with the dalmation:

Wow, it was great to hear everyones ideas. Generally I feel a lot better about the situation now having heard everyones advice. I've had Izzy (my dog) since I was 11 years old. 17 is ancient for a dalmation, but seeing her old rickidy bones get up for a walk as she makes the effort to do it yet one more time again I feel inspired. When she was 14 my parents wanted to euthanize her so I went back to the states and brought her to where I am living now, Japan. The 14 hour flight was tough for her as she was received on the other end with half her arm chewed up (from nervousness I guess) sitting in her feces and urine. On top of that it was the beginning of August in Japan - PURE ###### in terms of humidity. Coming from California this was very tough for her. Customs said she was so old that they would let us quarantine her in our own apartment for 2 weeks. For the next month she barely moved. Stunned by the disgustingly intense heat and taking antibiotics for her puss oozing soars she utilized almost every sleeping hour to restore her energy and adjust to the relentlessly hellish summer. Now she has been here for over 2 years and is getting along fine. And as a side note, it is nearly impossible to find a place to live in Japan if you have a dog. And if you envision your dog reigning over the kingdom of a front yard, forget it. Maybe if you're a millionaire you can get a front yard that is about 3×3. I look forward to our new life in Thailand and I think Izzy will be inspired by the new smells, all the steamy piss and miles of trash. Sounds like heaven.

Hi folks,

I'm brining my beautiful 17 year old dalmation to Bangkok. Do not know which part of Bangkok I will be living in yet. If I leave my dog in the yard will she get stollen? If I go to the store and tie her up outside to wait might she get stollen? If I kept her inside the house would someone come inside and steal her? Do you think she would be seen as valuable or something that someone would want to steal? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

GROW UP

Guest IT Manager
From the guy with the dalmation:

Wow, it was great to hear everyones ideas. Generally I feel a lot better about the situation now having heard everyones advice. I've had Izzy (my dog) since I was 11 years old. 17 is ancient for a dalmation, but seeing her old rickidy bones get up for a walk as she makes the effort to do it yet one more time again I feel inspired. When she was 14 my parents wanted to euthanize her so I went back to the states and brought her to where I am living now, Japan. The 14 hour flight was tough for her as she was received on the other end with half her arm chewed up (from nervousness I guess) sitting in her feces and urine. On top of that it was the beginning of August in Japan - PURE ###### in terms of humidity. Coming from California this was very tough for her. Customs said she was so old that they would let us quarantine her in our own apartment for 2 weeks. For the next month she barely moved. Stunned by the disgustingly intense heat and taking antibiotics for her puss oozing soars she utilized almost every sleeping hour to restore her energy and adjust to the relentlessly hellish summer. Now she has been here for over 2 years and is getting along fine. And as a side note, it is nearly impossible to find a place to live in Japan if you have a dog. And if you envision your dog reigning over the kingdom of a front yard, forget it. Maybe if you're a millionaire you can get a front yard that is about 3×3. I look forward to our new life in Thailand and I think Izzy will be inspired by the new smells, all the steamy piss and miles of trash. Sounds like heaven.

Magenta you were suckered badly. My 3 rai IS 2500 per month. Sorry for the Bangkokians at 18k for one room. We just made a garden for our oldest boy. 70 sq metres, 2,100 baht.

Life sux doesn't it?

Seriously though, have you checked the cost of airfreighting your beloved over. You will find it is F@#$#NG expensive and the dog will not last too much longer when it arrives. 17 is past the normal age for a dalmatian anyway, so why not stay with her for six more months overseas and she will probably pass on anyway.

IT-M Tried your recipe with a Rottweiler but found it a bit greasey. Works better with one bottle of mekhong liberally dosed with two changs.

Want a good recipe for cat? Let me know.....

Guest IT Manager

Nice one Kevin... keep it a little bit up will you please. BTW Merry Christmas you old bastard.

And to all old bastards. Hi Doc...