Retirement Visa Question

I know I have seen this somewhere on here, but can not find.A friend left Thailand, he had a Retirement visa, he did not get a reentry stamp, so now it is no good. He still has over 800K in the bank here, Can he come back and just reapply for the retirement visa here in Thailand? thanks for the help

Not just plain yes i think,

i presume from what you said about a re-entry stamp that he was on AN EXTENSION based on retirement and not an OA visa (issued outside thailand)...and forgot to get an exit permit before leaving?

Therefore he will need a current NON-O visa that he can go through the process again coverting it into a new one year extension...

Not really enough info in the OP....

Some offices in Thailand will do a change of visa status from a 30 day stamp or tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa for those qualified for retirement extensions. After that, apply for the extension, often the same day. Money seasoning rules apply. If your home office doesn't support change of visa status, you can do in Bangkok first and then get the extension at the home immigration office.

Retirement visas are O-A visas, only available from home countries, but they aren't needed.

Edited by Jingthing