Thaksin Video Speech May Have Broken Law

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, it just makes me think "what if Berny Madoff escaped from his prison sentance, and his family was allowed to keep most of the money they stole from the American people, and then allowed to act like a puppet master in the republican party. After that, he would say he should come back to the US and not serve his time." If that happened, no one in the US would listen to him, let alone support him after knowing what he did.

Now if we think of Thaksin in the same situation, it makes me wonder why the government hasn't tracked him down (he doesn't hide too well), and why the people still listen to him. Ignorance is the only answer I can think of.....

As the EC is a bit busy right now (new elections you know) I expect a verdict about the Thaksin video speech and it's possible breach of election laws only AFTER the elections :ermm:

now Rubi that really is inspired thinking.......

Too much honour. I merely bought new batteries for my crystal ball :)

In fact, you should not judge even about Mr.T(h)aksin, until you tell us here what way his ruling affected your life?

For your information, i can tell how his governing affected my life(his brother in law Somchai) but more than that i can tell how ruling of Democrats affected my life even more.(as they didn't change any idiotic thing what previous Government made toward farangs)

I worked in the telecom industry. I can tell you exactly how that vermin Thaksin affected me and countless others. How he illegally changed the rules to benefit himself, and then funnelled billions of baht into his own pockets at my expense and the expense of countless other innocent citizens. It would be difficult to tally the number of families he destroyed by causing the loss of jobs for ordinary people just trying to get by.

If you benefited from Thaksin then you have done so at the expense of me and others like me, and I spit on you for your malice, theft and vicious support of that criminal thug.

Yes I hate Thaksin. He is a despicable reptile that deserves our utter contempt. And the fact that you accepted his spoils, spoils he stole from me, makes you equally culpable. I can only hope that eventually karma prevails and you are punished for your abhorrent support of that rodent.

In fact, you should not judge even about Mr.T(h)aksin, until you tell us here what way his ruling affected your life?

For your information, i can tell how his governing affected my life(his brother in law Somchai) but more than that i can tell how ruling of Democrats affected my life even more.(as they didn't change any idiotic thing what previous Government made toward farangs)

I worked in the telecom industry. I can tell you exactly how that vermin Thaksin affected me and countless others. How he illegally changed the rules to benefit himself, and then funnelled billions of baht into his own pockets at my expense and the expense of countless other innocent citizens. It would be difficult to tally the number of families he destroyed by causing the loss of jobs for ordinary people just trying to get by.

If you benefited from Thaksin then you have done so at the expense of me and others like me, and I spit on you for your malice, theft and vicious support of that criminal thug.

Yes I hate Thaksin. He is a despicable reptile that deserves our utter contempt. And the fact that you accepted his spoils, spoils he stole from me, makes you equally culpable. I can only hope that eventually karma prevails and you are punished for your abhorrent support of that rodent.

Read all my post, and don't be ridiculous in qualifying me, as i have nothing with it.

You are an obvious example of this as I said, that hate is blocking a clean conscience and sound reasoning and you put me where I don't belong.

Read my words as SOMCHAI, and IDIOTIC(policy toward farangs) of that Government so might be you will understand what i think about that time of his ruling. I am just not blind by hate.

Thaksin has total disregard to law.

Many Thais with money do.

Perhaps a more accurate statement is MOST Thais have a total disregard for the law, but when an occasional arrest is made the poor can not pay their way outta jail. The rich and and do - always. This is Land of Scams/Lack of Sanctions. There is little if any rule of law in Thailand (or so many believe) :-)

You just don't understand the rules.

but when an occasional arrest is made the poor can not pay their way outta jail

The worst crime in LOS is not having enough money to bribe your way out of a jam. :(

Edited by Payboy

What would it matter to Thaksin anyway?

He has said he will never return to Thailand until he has amnesty, I am presuming he means amnesty from all previous and future criminal proceedings that have or will be brought against him.

A little off topic but.........

Was amused by the new solgan "Thaksin thinks PT delivers" made me think of the pitza delevery lot riding around on motorcy.

I think if I was a PT MP I would consider that an insult, suggesting I couldnt think for myself.

But it sure gets accross the message,

You lot stay in your place, if there is any thinking to be done I (the lord and master) will do it, you are just the gofers and never forget it.

Also noted in Tele footage of the Uni meeting that there was one of the suits up front wearing a yellow tie.

Made a good contrast to the red the rest had on.

There are several possibilities of just what this could indicate.

A, the wearer really does need Thaksin to think for him.

B, he is color blind.

C, his red ones are all being washed.

D, a sign of future intent.

The other paper this morning describes how a group of Red Shirt supporters have organized a tour agency that arranges trips to Dubai to meet Thaksin in person in a program called "Vist Thaksin". For B30,000 each, travelers can visit with him at his Dubai mansion. Apparently, sales have been brisk with up to 40 customers on each trip several times a month. A thorough background check of all potential customers is conducted to ensure that only true believers are allowed to go.

It's funny, it just makes me think "what if Berny Madoff escaped from his prison sentance, and his family was allowed to keep most of the money they stole from the American people, and then allowed to act like a puppet master in the republican party. After that, he would say he should come back to the US and not serve his time." If that happened, no one in the US would listen to him, let alone support him after knowing what he did.

Now if we think of Thaksin in the same situation, it makes me wonder why the government hasn't tracked him down (he doesn't hide too well), and why the people still listen to him. Ignorance is the only answer I can think of.....

Oh, you mean like Monsanto financing the Republican party?

The other paper this morning describes how a group of Red Shirt supporters have organized a tour agency that arranges trips to Dubai to meet Thaksin in person in a program called "Vist Thaksin". For B30,000 each, travelers can visit with him at his Dubai mansion. Apparently, sales have been brisk with up to 40 customers on each trip several times a month. A thorough background check of all potential customers is conducted to ensure that only true believers are allowed to go.

'A thorough background check of all potential customers is conducted

to ensure that only true DECEIVERS are allowed to go.'

Red-shirts, grass-roots, the poor in the North / North-East of Thailand, spending 30,000 to personally ask k. Thaksin 'please come back'. We need you to elevate us from our poor and dire situation.

I'm sure a list of names of all people who already went on thie trip would be really revealing ;)

(edit: add: on arrival back in Thailand any cash to declare?)

Edited by rubl

Red-shirts, grass-roots, the poor in the North / North-East of Thailand, spending 30,000 to personally ask k. Thaksin 'please come back'. We need you to elevate us from our poor and dire situation.

I'm sure a list of names of all people who already went on thie trip would be really revealing ;)

I'm sure a list of all the people who went on the trip would reveal two things; 1. They support Thaksin and 2. They have enough disposable income to pay for the trip. As far as I am aware neither of those two facts preclude support of the Red Shirts, unless that is against the law now? I didn't read anything about the grass roots poor making the trip to personally ask Thaksin to please come back and elevate them from their poor and dire situation - Oh, I see, you made that bit up - (and the sly accusation in the edit) the constant drip, drip, drip of propaganda...........

I'm sure a list of all the people who went on the trip would reveal two things; 1. They support Thaksin and 2. They have enough disposable income to pay for the trip. As far as I am aware neither of those two facts preclude support of the Red Shirts, unless that is against the law now? I didn't read anything about the grass roots poor making the trip to personally ask Thaksin to please come back and elevate them from their poor and dire situation - Oh, I see, you made that bit up - (and the sly accusation in the edit) the constant drip, drip, drip of propaganda...........

Rubi was being ironic, guess it past over head.

If there is anyone they know with more cash and property than them, then they are in a poor and dire situation uf Under Face. So appeal to the Liege lord for his munificence.

Edited by animatic

And the other flipside.

How much is Thaksin's backhander out of the 30K?

He's not too cheap to stoop.

Voice of Thaksin editor arrested

The editor of the Voice of Thaksin magazine was arrested by the Department of Special Investigation Saturday on charge of taking part in the conspiracy to topple the monarchy.

DSI investigators arrested Somyos Prueksakasemsuk in Aranyaprathet district in Prachin Buri.

He was taken to the DSI head office in Bangkok for questioning.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-30

Somyos Prueksakasemsuk is the editor of several Red publications including,

Red Power

redpower1004.jpg

and Voice of Taksin (as opposed to the properly transliterated "Voice of Thaksin" mentioned in the article)

voiceoftaksin100112back.jpg

The words read: On occasion of the New Year coming, I would like to thank every red shirt who gives me mental support. I would like to give my support in return to everyone as well, however, I am waiting for the day that I can serve the nation and the people. I want to give back to express my appreciation for your mercy in the year 2010 and hope that everyone will be happy, every one of your wishes is fulfilled forever. Sincere thanks (Lieutenant Pol. Thaksin Shinawatra) January 1, 2010 from Dubai

http://www.2bangkok.com/10/RedPublications1001.shtml

Edited by Buchholz

DSI investigators arrested Somyos Prueksakasemsuk in Aranyaprathet district in Prachin Buri.

The other paper properly references Sa Kaeo province as to the location of the city of Aranyaprathet, which sits on the Cambodian border, where Somyos was arrested.

Edited by Buchholz

Voice of Thaksin editor arrested

The editor of the Voice of Thaksin magazine was arrested by the Department of Special Investigation Saturday on charge of taking part in the conspiracy to topple the monarchy.

He was taken to the DSI head office in Bangkok for questioning.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-30

OUCH!

BTW ... typo on the part of The Nation (nothing new there!) While the magazine does serve the purpose of being the "voice of Thaksin" the name of the publication is the "Voice of Taksin"

Rubi was being ironic, guess it past over head.

If there is anyone they know with more cash and property than them, then they are in a poor and dire situation uf Under Face. So appeal to the Liege lord for his munificence.

No, it didn't pass over my head - there is irony and then there are untruths, just throwaway lines of the constant drip, drip, drip of propaganda, and there you go, more of the same.

No, it didn't pass over my head - there is irony and then there are untruths, just throwaway lines of the constant drip, drip, drip of propaganda, and there you go, more of the same.

There is the pro-Thaksin propaganda and the anti-Thaksin speculation. There was no untruth stated. Simply speculation based upon reasoned inference :) Pro-Thaksin propaganda would be stating that RA's free speech was infringed upon by AI, when the truth is RA spoke anyways. Anti-Thaksin speculation would be when people that have read hundreds if not 1000's of reports, posts, newsclippings etc about Thaksin funneling $$ into Thailand to further his own goals, suggest that this might still be occurring.

There is the pro-Thaksin propaganda and the anti-Thaksin speculation. There was no untruth stated. Simply speculation based upon reasoned inference :) Pro-Thaksin propaganda would be stating that RA's free speech was infringed upon by AI, when the truth is RA spoke anyways. Anti-Thaksin speculation would be when people that have read hundreds if not 1000's of reports, posts, newsclippings etc about Thaksin funneling $ into Thailand to further his own goals, suggest that this might still be occurring.

So this is a true statement then?

Red-shirts, grass-roots, the poor in the North / North-East of Thailand, spending 30,000 to personally ask k. Thaksin 'please come back'. We need you to elevate us from our poor and dire situation

No PhiPhiDon ... that is irony and ironic speculation. For you to call it "untrue", or a "lie", would also be speculation, but you neatly avoided the reference to your own propaganda efforts :)

No PhiPhiDon ... that is irony and ironic speculation. For you to call it "untrue", or a "lie", would also be speculation, but you neatly avoided the reference to your own propaganda efforts :)

OK let me just try some of this "ironic speculation" If the poor people in Northern and north eastern Thailand wanted to speak personally to Thaksin to ask him to alleviate them from the dire situation they are in do you really think they could afford the 30,000 baht to do so? I'll answer for you, No, therefore it does seem as though the statement is untrue. Rather than regard Rubis "amusing little aside" as ironic speculation, why not just call it what it is, just another drip in the non stop anti-Thaksin/UDD/Red Shirt propaganda that passes as political "discussion" on this forum.

Anyway your defence of rubi has gone on long enough as we are well off topic here, the discussion is about Thaksins' video speech that may have broken the law, not the topic that bucholz brought in about trips to see Thaksin.