Thaksin Video Speech May Have Broken Law

webfact

The editor of the Voice of Thaksin magazine was arrested by the Department of Special Investigation Saturday on charge of taking part in the conspiracy to topple the monarchy.

Somyos Prueksakasemsuk is the editor of several Red publications including,

Voice of Taksin

voiceoftaksin100112back.jpg

The words read: On occasion of the New Year coming, I would like to thank every red shirt who gives me mental support. I would like to give my support in return to everyone as well, however, I am waiting for the day that I can serve the nation and the people. I want to give back to express my appreciation for your mercy in the year 2010 and hope that everyone will be happy, every one of your wishes is fulfilled forever. Sincere thanks (Lieutenant Pol. Thaksin Shinawatra) January 1, 2010 from Dubai

The government may misunderstand that “Voice of Taksin” belongs to Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin Shinawatra. In fact, it was just a trade mark. The Red Shirts have so much faith in Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin Shinawatra and he has made initial donation to make possible the publishing of this magazine. I also put in my own money in the beginning.

- Somyos Prueksakasemsuk 23.5.53 (23 May 2010)

http://www.tmponline.org/2010/06/04/thai-political-prisoner/

Edited by Buchholz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No PhiPhiDon ... that is irony and ironic speculation. For you to call it "untrue", or a "lie", would also be speculation, but you neatly avoided the reference to your own propaganda efforts :)

OK let me just try some of this "ironic speculation" If the poor people in Northern and north eastern Thailand wanted to speak personally to Thaksin to ask him to alleviate them from the dire situation they are in do you really think they could afford the 30,000 baht to do so? I'll answer for you, No, therefore it does seem as though the statement is untrue. Rather than regard Rubis "amusing little aside" as ironic speculation, why not just call it what it is, just another drip in the non stop anti-Thaksin/UDD/Red Shirt propaganda that passes as political "discussion" on this forum.

Anyway your defence of rubi has gone on long enough as we are well off topic here, the discussion is about Thaksins' video speech that may have broken the law, not the topic that bucholz brought in about trips to see Thaksin.

Sorry, but if only 300 chose to send a representative it would only cost them 100 baht each within the reach of the UDD since they claim that they get funds from the rural poor :) .... but no it is NOT untrue it is ironic speculation :) and you still didn't mention your absolute propaganda regarding RA and the AI meeting :)

More quotes of the accused. This from the day after May 19, 2010 :

Somyot Pruksakasemsuk, a Red Shirt leader, said the movement would go on despite the day's events.

"This is not the end," he said. "It will spread further and the situation will deteriorate. Initially, independent mass movements in Bangkok and other provinces will begin, then riots will ensue. This will be done by individuals, not by protest leaders. The crowds will reunite soon."

CBC News (Canada) - May 20, 2010

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2010/05/20/thailand-bangkok-curfew.html

Edited by Buchholz

No PhiPhiDon ... that is irony and ironic speculation. For you to call it "untrue", or a "lie", would also be speculation, but you neatly avoided the reference to your own propaganda efforts :)

OK let me just try some of this "ironic speculation" If the poor people in Northern and north eastern Thailand wanted to speak personally to Thaksin to ask him to alleviate them from the dire situation they are in do you really think they could afford the 30,000 baht to do so? I'll answer for you, No, therefore it does seem as though the statement is untrue. Rather than regard Rubis "amusing little aside" as ironic speculation, why not just call it what it is, just another drip in the non stop anti-Thaksin/UDD/Red Shirt propaganda that passes as political "discussion" on this forum.

Anyway your defence of rubi has gone on long enough as we are well off topic here, the discussion is about Thaksins' video speech that may have broken the law, not the topic that bucholz brought in about trips to see Thaksin.

Sorry, but if only 300 chose to send a representative it would only cost them 100 baht each within the reach of the UDD since they claim that they get funds from the rural poor :) .... but no it is NOT untrue it is ironic speculation :) and you still didn't mention your absolute propaganda regarding RA and the AI meeting :)

My last word on this honest, let's see if I've got this right - If you don't agree with my viewpoint, it's absolute propaganda, but If you agree with a viewpoint it's ironic speculation? Oh well..............:clap2: Enough, Off Topic.

So this is a true statement then?

Red-shirts, grass-roots, the poor in the North / North-East of Thailand, spending 30,000 to personally ask k. Thaksin 'please come back'. We need you to elevate us from our poor and dire situation

Since the quoted text is mine ( )

I guess I should answer the question posed by phiphidon.

The quoted text is not a statement based on fact, just a speculation formed by interpreting previous newsflashes and other titbits; and phrasing the doubt which came in me in a slightly ironic way. Apart from that it's like what most of us write: opinion :)

As usual for me I'm just wondering about these special 'go and see k. Thaksin' flights. Till now I thought only PTP MPs and UDD leaders were frequent visitors, to wish him 'happy new year', 'happy birthday' and the like. Shows you even I don't know all ;)

Nope--- I feel that your viewpoint is, how did you phrase it, ... oh yeah, propaganda. I feel that the other viewpoint is pointing out the irony of the redshirt movement.

Absolute propaganda was your phrase, not mine. My viewpoint is my opinion. You disagreed with my opinion and labelled it "absolute propaganda", hardly a credible method of debate, may I say - but, hey, that's just my opinion, you carry on.

Maybe Thaksin can issue a pamphlet entitled 'One Step Forwards, two Steps back'. Somyos Prueksakasemsuk could offer to ghost-write it for him.

Ah I see a new PR talking point is in use.

Repeated several times this week.

the constant drip, drip, drip of propaganda,

Ah a perfect PR counter propaganda nugget. Relabel negatively those who don't buy into the party line. If you want to create propaganda call those with dissenting opiniuons propagandists. Funny thing is if it is consistently and logically against a lie it is NOT propaganda, but a fight against propaganda with truths.

Which is exactly what a propagandist would want to denigrate.

Edited by animatic

Red Power

redpower1004.jpg

and Voice of Taksin (as opposed to the properly transliterated "Voice of Thaksin" mentioned in the article)

The words read: On occasion of the New Year coming, I would like to thank every red shirt who gives me mental support. I would like to give my support in return to everyone as well, however, I am waiting for the day that I can serve the nation and the people. I want to give back to express my appreciation for your mercy in the year 2010 and hope that everyone will be happy, every one of your wishes is fulfilled forever. Sincere thanks (Lieutenant Pol. Thaksin Shinawatra) January 1, 2010 from Dubai

http://www.2bangkok....tions1001.shtml

Well we know how the following 6 months of Thaksin giving back to the people turned out....

Red Power

redpower1004.jpg

and Voice of Taksin (as opposed to the properly transliterated "Voice of Thaksin" mentioned in the article)

http://www.2bangkok....tions1001.shtml

Well we know how the following 6 months of Thaksin giving back to the people turned out....

We also know where funding came from...

Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin Shinawatra and he has made initial donation to make possible the publishing of this magazine. I also put in my own money in the beginning.

- Somyos Prueksakasemsuk 23.5.53 (23 May 2010)

If this is true? I QUOTE.

A source from the Election Commission said Thaksin's action on Saturday would be scrutinised to see if he acted as a party executive board member, although he does not hold an executive position.

Officials must check the Pheu Thai Party's regulations regarding the roles and responsibilities of its party executive board members.

If he does not hold a board position what are they checking, as this as stated has already been checked by the Electoral commission.

What happened to free speech.

Maybe Thaksin can issue a pamphlet entitled 'One Step Forwards, two Steps back'. Somyos Prueksakasemsuk could offer to ghost-write it for him.

Ah I see a new PR talking point is in use.

Repeated several times this week.

the constant drip, drip, drip of propaganda,

Ah a perfect PR counter propaganda nugget. Relabel negatively those who don't buy into the party line. If you want to create propaganda call those with dissenting opiniuons propagandists. Funny thing is if it is consistently and logically against a lie it is NOT propaganda, but a fight against propaganda with truths.

Which is exactly what a propagandist would want to denigrate.

So I'm a propagandist and a liar - for having a viewpoint different to yours? Unless of course, you can prove that my viewpoint is a lie, or, for that matter, propaganda.....................