Farang Finding Finance

Went into this one a few years ago and ended up on a course of psychotropic anti-depressants.

I've been employed here for the last 6 years by a company capitalised at 11 million baht. There are 6 years of bank statements and tax payments I can offer up. My old Suzuki jeep is now getting very frayed around the edges (middle, top, bottom) and I'm pondering on the possibility of trying to get finance for a different vehicle.

Something fairly humble - old-ish diesel pick-up for about 150,000 - 200,000 baht. Meaning 50,000B deposit and the balance over 3 or 4 years ... something like that.

I'm fully aware that

i) it's easier to squeeze s*it from a rocking horse than for a whitey to get a Thai-based bank loan, and

ii) every single farang that I know (except for one) who lives here can dip nonchalantly into multiple bank accounts and probably has half a million or so in his house-safe that's embedded in 4 foot of concrete behind 8 foot electrified walls and defended by his multiple killer guard dogs (now where did I read that . . ?) so this probably isn't a topic that many expats here need to explore.

Meaning that ... I'm wondering if anyone knows if any of the Thai banks have got a little more approachable over the last few years in this respect (after all, the BKK Bank now actually has a Visa debit card you can shop with on line and link to PayPal . . . )

Anyone have experience of this sort of thing recently??

Cheers in advance,

Rob

try tisco bank,i got a loan for 450,000b over 3 years no problem,used my thai company,all paid up now and have the blue book.

Thanks - I'll have a look.

Is there a branch/office on Samui?

R

Also had à car financed at tisco. Pretty easy and smooth. Be aware of 2 things though when getting finance;

1 interest is calculated over the entire loan amount for the duration of the loan, in stead of over the outstanding balance. So the shorter the loan the better.

2 they add vat! Not an issue on new car finance.

Also had à car financed at tisco. Pretty easy and smooth. Be aware of 2 things though when getting finance;

1 interest is calculated over the entire loan amount for the duration of the loan, in stead of over the outstanding balance. So the shorter the loan the better.

Where is a Tisco branch?

R

Where is the Tisco branch?

R

try tisco bank,i got a loan for 450,000b over 3 years no problem,used my thai company,all paid up now and have the blue book.

Where is the Tisco branch?

R

in suttathani, map and contact details here - http://www.tisco.co.th/MapAction.do?branchid=33

Thanks Boaty.

From which I assume there is not a branch on Samui?

Why won't anyone tell me this - is it a secret? :blink:

R

Edited by robsamui