Copying Software From Old Laptop And Re-Installing New One .

007cableguy

My friend installed a software program on my laptop in UK of his memorystick ,I'm buying a new laptop and want to put the same program on it .

I'm not that good with software ,is there a way i could copy it on to a memorystick and re-install on new one ?

If so how ?

thanks

You would need the original CD discs to install the software on your new laptop. You cannot copy software programs from one PC to another without having the installation files. My guess is that your mate had the installation package files copied to the memory stick. Do you have the original memory stick that your mate used?

Cheers, Rick

Try Norton Ghost.

I guess that someone who is 'not good with software' would understand what Norton Ghost is, so here is an explanation.

More Info

Not so cheap at 40 quid.

What type of programs are they. Maybe you could download them ( or similar ) from the Internet, there is a lot of good free stuff on line.

Cheers, Rick

As others have said without the original installation files you are out of luck

Imaging software is your only option now, short of buying all the programs you want to transfer

But that being said, Norton Ghost can be downloaded and used as a free trial from here:

http://us.norton.com/downloads/trialsoftware/register.jsp?pvid=ghost15

Or you can get a free trial of Acronis True Image here ( I happen to find Acronis easier to use than Norton, but YMMV)

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/