Htc Desire Hd Now 14,500 Baht

As the title says..........called in at Banana IT in the Mall at Bang Khae and its on sale, brand new, at 14,500 baht.

HTC Desire also at 12,500 baht.

Some promotion to the end of this month apparently.

No idea if this promotion applies to all Banana stores.

Edited by Phatcharanan

Expensive phones must be the worst investment available nowadays, plus the fact that one pays for 90 % unneeded functionality. Too small for eeb surfing, to low quality for photography, too small for long emails....and new models every 4 months killing the resell value of the former versions.

Are you sure it's not the trade-in deal that everyone is offering the tohome website has these prices with a trade-in

tohome.com Trade-in price - 14,500

HTC Desire - tohome trade in - 12,500

The guy at Banana was quite specific. 14,500 baht end of story. I will go back tomorrow and take an old crappy Nokia with me, just in case. I shall buy it anyway and then let you know.

Edited by Phatcharanan

Yes, those prices are probably more in line with the actual value. The Desire HD was ~ 22,900 when first introduced, IIRC. Currently it is ~ 16,500 without any special promotion or trade-in. I think that a lot of people may be sitting on excess inventory as this specific model was not as widely valued as perhaps people expected? I almost bought one at 18,900, and given some colleague's experiences with it (poor screen, slow performance, battery drain, a bit big and heavy, difficult to root/mod, poor build quality), I am so happy I did not get it. And with a new batch of high-end phones coming soon maybe best to dump these at a loss now while you can get some revenue?

Expensive phones must be the worst investment available nowadays, plus the fact that one pays for 90 % unneeded functionality. Too small for eeb surfing, to low quality for photography, too small for long emails....and new models every 4 months killing the resell value of the former versions.

Err who buys phones as investment? HTC stock maybe but not their phones.

Also some of us find that 90% useful, typing this with Desire Z. Excellent for those long emails.

• 2 weeks later...

Called in at Mall again today and the previous OP's were correct. Part exchange deal.

I managed to compare the Desire HD screen next to a Samsung Galaxy S. Errrrrrrrrrr big difference.

Didn't buy it after all. Think I'll wait a bit.

so which one was better the Samsung or the HTC?

I would guess the Samsung as they are the manufacturer of the AMOLED screens and are - of course - giving their own production line priority so there are not enough to supply HTC anymore, who now use an inferior screen.