"kit Tee"

speleo

When I refuse to buy the girlfriend a 1 baht necklace she comes out with a series of insults including "kee nee-ow" "jai dam" and "kit tee".

I know the meaning of the first two, but she couldn't find "kit tee" in the Thai-English dictionary and I can't work it out on www.thai2english.com. My guess is that it is "selfish" - kit = think tee = who. It is possibly a Lao or Northern phrase.

Any hints as to what it means would be appreciated,

When I refuse to buy the girlfriend a 1 baht necklace she comes out with a series of insults including "kee nee-ow" "jai dam" and "kit tee".

I know the meaning of the first two, but she couldn't find "kit tee" in the Thai-English dictionary and I can't work it out on www.thai2english.com.  My guess is that it is "selfish" - kit = think tee = who.  It is possibly a Lao or Northern phrase.

Any hints as to what it means would be appreciated,

Issan for stingy, more like khee-ti, ie short e sound, the khee is functioning like the khee in khee nee-ow, ie' a tendency to' and the ti is functioning like the nee-ow, ie stingy.

If she's Issan, reply- dton nee khoy bor mee ngern (at the moment I have no money)

Edited by bannork

Thanks Bannork.

It's one of those phrases where I know what she means, but not what she is saying. Doesn't help when the 'Thai' being spoken is a very fast mix of slang, Lao, Northern, local dialect, pidgen English and badly pronounced Central Thai (e.g. every r becomes an l).

Is she really talking like that?

It might mean you were not very clear in the beginning what she could expect from you. Maybe you were flashing with a lot of money before and now you are together it is not there. Whenever you meet someone just be clear what she can expect.

KR,

Alex

It might mean you were not very clear in the beginning what she could expect from you. Maybe you were flashing with a lot of money before and now you are together it is not there. Whenever you meet someone just be clear what she can expect.

I made it very clear what she can expect, hence her comments. I don't find it insulting as it is an accurate description of my personality :o

To be fair I must point out that the comments are made as part of a long running joke, not because I've been meaner than usual.

KR,

Alex

That is why they never stay!!! :o