Import A Motorbike

divra67

Hello, sawadee krab,

I have a question about importing a motorbice. I will come in September to Thailand to live and work here. Now I want to know which rules I have to know about bringing my motorbike by shipping from Germany to Thailand. How much do I have to pay etc.

I would be glade, if someone could give me some Tipps.

Thank you for your support. :jap:

Best Regards.

Divra.....DON'T DO IT. sell your bike in your home country then buy a new or nearly new one here...It's so much simpler,safer and cheaper.

But if you insist then be ready to jump through hoops trying to get Thai registration for the bike. Bringing the bike here is not so hard, getting rego is.

There are plenty of threads about people asking about bringing a bike here. They are all told not to do it.

There are many threads here from people who tried to bring in a bike, and got hurt.

Take their advice.

Don't do it.

There are plenty of threads about people asking about bringing a bike here. They are all told not to do it.

There are many threads here from people who tried to bring in a bike, and got hurt.

Take their advice.

Don't do it.

Have imported a bike myself I can tell you its a head ache and probably took 5 years off my life, but nothing wrong at all using a legal bike importer and very possible to bring in any bike you want.

With the price of some bikes like USA at the moment are so cheap its worth buying there and bring in to Thailand.