Moving To Sakon Nakhon. Need Info.

stockholm

I m think about moving to sakon nakhon ( city ) in the next couple of weeks and as I have no gf to help me with everything

it would be great with some help from the guys how live/visit often there...

What I would like to know is:

Where is the best places to stay, Where can I rent a room with furniture for about 5000/mount ? ( no luxury needed just clean with a TV, Bed and fridge ) ( good if the room is central or if there is a

motobike taxi stop close as I dont drive motorbike or car )

Where to meet girls? ( Bars, karaokes, Massages etc )

Where to meet drinking friends?

What else to do?

Any information about this or anything else I need to know will be much helpfull...

Thanks

I would re think that move unless you speak good Thai! I lived in Sakon for 2 years rented a 3 bedroom bungalow with massive garden for 4k . Not much in the way of night life. Okay if you are married and like living the quiet life :)

Stockholm

You may find it a little difficult if you are coming alone.

There is a Farang bar called the Welcome bar 082-8443889 I think Paul and his Thai wife Julie still run it.

Your better calling late afternoon to speak with Paul because he teaches in school.

There are plenty of rooms to rent around the airport area because it's close to the university.

Don't know about the city unless you can find something online.

Feel free to send me a PM.

I would re think that move unless you speak good Thai! I lived in Sakon for 2 years rented a 3 bedroom bungalow with massive garden for 4k . Not much in the way of night life. Okay if you are married and like living the quiet life :)

Sakon Nakhon is a nice place to live. Been here about 8 months now. Lots of one room apartments to rent with a/c and refrig. Also some bungalows for less than 5k pm. Escape bar is where most of the expats do their social drinking. Big C, Tesco and Makro for shopping. Not a lot of night life and no girly bars around. Yes, life is quiet which is exactly why I live here. Even have a 9 hole golf course.

Stockholm

There is a Farang bar called the Welcome bar 082-8443889 I think Paul and his Thai wife Julie still run it.

Your better calling late afternoon to speak with Paul because he teaches in school.

There are plenty of rooms to rent around the airport area because it's close to the university.

Welcome bar was sold to a Thai chap, now called Arctica or something. Escape bar is just down the road, also for sale I believe.

Here we go again ?

The way I read it, the OP wants Pattaya with all it's "comforts" (or other tourist-hubs) on a 50 % discount. Will not work.

Cheers.

Question to you (sir/madam?) would be why do you feel the need to come up with such a ridiculous and unhelpful post?

I see nothing in the OP comments suggesting that he wants Pattaya "comforts" etc. at a 50% discount. He simply wants help from some experienced board members about a town where he will commence living shortly. And like most normal people he has a budget that he wants to adhere to.

Maybe you could assist at the local tourist information centre, you would be a big hit there :D

Edited by tlcwaterfall

Stockholm

Welcome bar was sold to a Thai chap, now called Arctica or something. Escape bar is just down the road, also for sale I believe.

Ah, just seen the escape bar yesterday with no customers inside, looks decent enough.

Golden pond is always an option.

As for girlie bars, definately not but I'm sure if you find a room near the university you will have no problem.

I think I also noticed a sign for motorbike rental outside the Escape bar.

Escape bar does rent small bikes. There was a go-go bar type place, I use that term in the loosest possible way, in the same complex as Golden Pond. The girls had on about 3 layers of underwear, can't remember the name, might be Seaside? If you want that there is always Wolverine in Udon :lol:. I was waiting near the Honda dealer at the corner just down from Lotus and a woman came out of a door and asked if I "Wanna boom boom".

Don't take a dog! It's the dog-eating capital of Thailand (Vietnamese immigrants, I believe)..

Yes. Sakhon Nakhon and NKP have histories of strong Vietnamese influence. From both, French and American imperial wars. Yet, I'd be hard pressed to refer to this community as immigrants - most are Thai citizens for 2-3 generations now.