Uk Settlement Visa

I made the Online UK Settlement Application today

and i can confirm, if not gone already, 3rd 4th 5th 6th of May only available and no appointments for June ,My wife still needs to get the A1 English Test and TB appointments which are booked.So unfortunately these dates are too early,

will have to keep checking VFS website for them to put a new month up.Good Luck, pomchob

If the appointment dates shown on the website don't suit you (or don't show up) then just turn up at Regent House once you've got everything in order and wait in line (no appointment necessary).

i think they only show available appointments for the following week - and no further in advance. If you want an appointment for the middle or end of May - you will have to wait, but keep checking every day.

If the appointment dates shown on the website don't suit you (or don't show up) then just turn up at Regent House once you've got everything in order and wait in line (no appointment necessary).

But read Mandatory Online Uk Visa Applications From 2 May first and be prepared for disappointment if you show up on or after 2nd May without an appointment.

Hi All ,thanks for your help

It appears they haven't updated the page "how do i apply" as they were doing maintenance

on the the VFS website on the 26thApril.. which is when the update about appointments are compulsary

appeared.

What is says is as follows:

You can book your appointment online by using the Schedule an Appointment link on this website and follow the instructions. By booking your appointment online you will be added to the priority queue. Alternatively you can attend the visa application centre on a first-come, first served basis (unless you are part of a group booking).

Important: If you are part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children (over the age of 5), you must make 4 individual appointments.

*So this appears NOT TO BE THE CASE ANY MORE FROM THE 2nd May 2011

Yesterday i mentioned they were showing 3rd 4th 5th 6th of May...... well today they added the 2nd May available appointment dates.

I will keep checking thanks again to everyones help, Pomchob

That is different to the old information. However, they do not usually update the information until the day changes come into effect.

It will be interesting to see what it says on the second; hopefully the same as above.

That is different to the old information. However, they do not usually update the information until the day changes come into effect.

It will be interesting to see what it says on the second; hopefully the same as above.

Good Point ..7by7, i will be glued to the site :Dfor the 2nd!!

Thanks again Pomchob.

i think they only show available appointments for the following week - and no further in advance. If you want an appointment for the middle or end of May - you will have to wait, but keep checking every day.

my wife says when she booked end of last year she could book weeks in advance, of course that could have changed.

i hope it's possible to just turn up after 2nd still or more become available as we were hoping to go apply next week too.

Edited by leafmould

LATEST NEWS

• 26 April 2011: Mandatory online UK visa applications. From 2 May all customers applying in Thailand for a UK visa are required to complete a visa application form online using the online visa application system only. Customers who have not completed a visa application form online will not be able to submit their visa application. After completing the online application form, customers will also need to book an appointment online to submit their biometric information and visa application at the visa application centre in Bangkok. Customers who visit the visa application centre without making an appointment online will be unable to submit their visa application.

Ah, Sorry POMCHOB, As rawhod's post above suggests, it would appear that this has/is now about to change unsure.gif

Edited by thecatman

Ah, Sorry POMCHOB, As rawhod's post above suggests, it would appear that this has/is now about to change unsure.gif

Thanks thecatman for your input ....well i'm getting use to these hurdles now, just have to wait a bit longer!!

Cheers from Pomchob :coffee1:

Edited by POMCHOB

LATEST NEWS

• 26 April 2011: Mandatory online UK visa applications. From 2 May all customers applying in Thailand for a UK visa are required to complete a visa application form online using the online visa application system only. Customers who have not completed a visa application form online will not be able to submit their visa application. After completing the online application form, customers will also need to book an appointment online to submit their biometric information and visa application at the visa application centre in Bangkok. Customers who visit the visa application centre without making an appointment online will be unable to submit their visa application.

Thank-you Rawhod for the above info on appointments much appreciated ,Pomchob

The UKVAC website now says

All visa applicants (apart from exempt categories and children under 5 years) must apply in person at the visa application centre to submit their biometric information. To complete the visa application process, you must book an appointment online to submit your application form and biometric information using the Schedule an Appointment link on this website.

Applicants who visit the visa application centre without an appointment will not be able to submit their application, and will be advised to book an appointment online. If you are applying as part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children (over the age of 5), you must make 4 individual appointments.

(my emphasis)

As this is also being discussed here, to avoid confusion and duplication I'm closing this topic.