Enough Of Pattaya

Theo007

[The two posters who are giving you a hard time are heavily invested in Thailand and can't go anywhere, so they are stuck!

What a load of crap. :rolleyes:

Just normal from that poster, he constantly bad mouth's Pattaya and it's people yet guess what......he's still here!!:lol: ,

Please read a bit more carefully. I just said, above: "There are many excellent alternatives to Pattaya-Jomtien. But, like all places, it has its good points...."

You seemed to have missed my point which was that some posters have an extremely distorted view of this place and are intolerant of those who do not share that extreme view. Yes, I think those posters are heavily invested (money, house, wife, business, etc). I think they can't leave. I think some are are not as happy and content as they want you to believe, but can't admit it. Each time a person comes along with another view it is like a reminder of what they do not want to acknowledge, so they attack the messenger. There is also something else going on related to real estate--nobody that is invested wants to hear any bad news about the area. Sorry, but some posters need to grasp the simple fact that Pattaya-Jomtien is not paradise to many people (some wealthy and smart and successful) and that other places in the world are as good or even better :) They need no convincing that many places are worse. And, IMHO, many places are worse!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been here 7 years and I sometimes get fed up with it and want to move. I think it is natural after a while to get bored with the place you now call home. Just seem to accept it until my next bout of "want away" The guy going to Spain will probably feel the same way as he does now in a few years. Just one of those things.

He probably deserves a bit of praise for stimulating debate about it. After all, there are some bad things about this place, maybe more than others. Without wishing to fan the flames, I don't really see things getting better at the moment, or have been improving for a few years now. Crime, traffice, attitudes are all getting worse.

Big expensive hotels don't really bring much improvement for expats, although it is good that locals get more work out of it.

Been here 7 years and I sometimes get fed up with it and want to move. I think it is natural after a while to get bored with the place you now call home. Just seem to accept it until my next bout of "want away" The guy going to Spain will probably feel the same way as he does now in a few years. Just one of those things.

He probably deserves a bit of praise for stimulating debate about it. After all, there are some bad things about this place, maybe more than others. Without wishing to fan the flames, I don't really see things getting better at the moment, or have been improving for a few years now. Crime, traffice, attitudes are all getting worse.

Big expensive hotels don't really bring much improvement for expats, although it is good that locals get more work out of it.

Perhaps may well feel bored with Spain but not to the same degree as Pattaya and Thailand in general. I am so relieved finally making the jump,need to return to sell off a few things then away.There is a good relief from Pattaya ,and it is not those little red pills ,its called a 747