Chiang Mai... Things To Do?

IADR

Chiang Mai is not really fantastic for the tourist to be honest, it's over-hyped and overrated. As a place to live though it'snot a bad choice, it's a good base for getting to other places in Asia and Thailand. Food is great and cheap,you can buy a good meal for 15 bhat and accommodation is cheap.

Where in CM you can buy a good meal for 15 bht ?

Maybe he/she hasn't visited C.M. in the last 10 years???

huh? I am in CM right now, I've only been here for less than two months and I know about these street carts.

Heck they even come to you, there's a sidecar that visits us every morning with meals in a bag for those prices. Just a mite cheaper than meals of wheels.

And that is a thing to do in Chiang Mai; eating and than following up on Thaivisa.

Not hard to get peoples noses out of joint on this forum is it? laugh.gif

A good left hook to the mid section and a nice uppercut to the nose will do it every time. Just make sure you get the FIRST swing. :lol:

As I've said many times, it all depends on what you think is value for your money. You can even get a fair pork or chicken hamburger at the 7-11 for 20 baht. 5 of those will fill you up quicker than ONE beef burger at McDonalds for the same price. :D

Me, I eat my Kow Padt Gai every day for anywhere from 25 to 50 baht. Usually I just give them 40 baht and leave them with a smile on their face and me with a full tummy.

Not hard to get peoples noses out of joint on this forum is it? laugh.gif

A good left hook to the mid section and a nice uppercut to the nose will do it every time. Just make sure you get the FIRST swing. :lol:

As I've said many times, it all depends on what you think is value for your money. You can even get a fair pork or chicken hamburger at the 7-11 for 20 baht. 5 of those will fill you up quicker than ONE beef burger at McDonalds for the same price. :D

Me, I eat my Kow Padt Gai every day for anywhere from 25 to 50 baht. Usually I just give them 40 baht and leave them with a smile on their face and me with a full tummy.

Yeah I've seen those at 7-11 but I'm not really into hamburgers so never felt compelled to buy. Apart from the occasional thought about spaghetti or a roast dinner, I don't really miss western food at all.

He's not talking about the food made on the spot. He's talking about the premade/bagged food, probably some sort of "Keng". That and a small bag of rice is only 15-17 baht nowadays.

Most tourist don't even attempt to order food from these places. Although the food is usually pretty good, I'm sure its a bit daunting to a tourist to try to figure out what the foods are and how to order/eat them.

To Jackers:

Try venturing to the local markets, there are much larger selections and slightly better prices.

Chiang Mai is not really fantastic for the tourist to be honest, it's over-hyped and overrated. As a place to live though it'snot a bad choice, it's a good base for getting to other places in Asia and Thailand. Food is great and cheap,you can buy a good meal for 15 bhat and accommodation is cheap.

Where in CM you can buy a good meal for 15 bht ?

Maybe he/she hasn't visited C.M. in the last 10 years???

Have you been there lately? Drove by and it looks like they are building a coffee shop. Any idea?

Thanks Ian! I take clients (Thai) there about once a month and they love it!

clients of what?

Of the Thai company I am a director of :)