International Travel Agents In Chiang Mai

dbrisinda

Can anyone recommend any good international travel agents in Chiang Mai (flights from Chiang Mai to San Francisco)? I've heard some horror stories when dealing with smaller less well-known agents. So I would like to focus on the larger travel agents who do a lot of business/turnover, even if I have to pay a little bit extra.

Doing a bit more research on the Thai Visa Chiang Mai forums, it looks like a lot of people have recommended mainly two businesses in the past as probably being the best in Chiang Mai, in terms of honesty, professionalism, and price:

Miauw at P&P Travel; and

Khun Pidet at Travel Shoppe

Doing a bit more research on the Thai Visa Chiang Mai forums, it looks like a lot of people have recommended mainly two businesses in the past as probably being the best in Chiang Mai, in terms of honesty, professionalism, and price:

Miauw at P&P Travel; and

well done

Miauw at P&P Travel; and

Now all I need to know is where are these agencies located?

I'd be curious to know what flight and price they quote so I can compare it to online prices.

I do all my booking online and don't see any value in paying a travel agent extra.

Miauw at P&P Travel; and

P+P travel is in Tapae road almost opposite the bright orange bank, it's on a corner and difficult to park a car. Maoe is very good and speaks excellent English, prices at least as good at the internet normally, but often can find special offers

Miauw at P&P Travel; and

Travel Shoppe, go up Thapae Rd to Thapae Gate and walk to the right, about 30 meters, it is on the right side of course.

Dont use any travel agency. You never know if they really pay yourt ticket to the airline.

Internet!!!!

Nonsense!

People have been caught out by dishonest travel agents - it is well documented on this forum.

I book most flights on-line but also sometimes use a travel agent - but I always pay by credit card and confirm the flight with the airline.

Edited by Contractor

Dont use any travel agency. You never know if they really pay yourt ticket to the airline.

Internet!!!!

Nonsense!

People have been caught out by dishonest travel agents - it is well documented on this forum.

I book most flights on-line but also sometimes use a travel agent - but I always pay by credit card and confirm the flight with the airline.

Of coure there are some dishonest travel agents, but P+P is not one, Saying 'don't use any travel agent ' is silly. Credit cards often carry a surcharge. I've use P+P for many years, normally paying cash. They are honest, reliable, helpful and good value. I'm not happy when someone says 'don't use any travel agent', such assertions should either be justified or not made and since this assertion cannot be justified it should not have been made.

Internet!!!!

Nonsense!

Of coure there are some dishonest travel agents, but P+P is not one, Saying 'don't use any travel agent ' is silly. Credit cards often carry a surcharge. I've use P+P for many years, normally paying cash. They are honest, reliable, helpful and good value. I'm not happy when someone says 'don't use any travel agent', such assertions should either be justified or not made and since this assertion cannot be justified it should not have been made.

As I have said, I do use travel agents sometimes and think the little extra cost and hassle in paying by credit card and confirming the flight is well worth the peace of mind. I am cautious because I know of a couple who lost their dream holiday as (a highly recommended) agent they had paid in advance had not bought the air tickets before going bust. No dishonesty necessarily, but they still lost over 50,000 baht.

I think the rest of your post is directed at Peetcnx.

I have used Chiang Mai Air Ticketing several times (on Nimmanaheim just after the Amari) and never had a problem - friendly and helpful. I am sure P+P are also good - I think my wife knows of them. But I would always seek the extra protection of a credit card for an expensive transaction (as well as the free travel insurance that I get)!

Rgds

I travel a lot for work - within SE Asia and Europe, five or six times a year, or more.

For the last 9 years I have used Transworld Travel on Tha Pae Road (Near the Gate end, on left side as you are looking at the Gate, almost next to 7-11) (big long windows - not the little tour office right next to the 7-11)

The staff speak good English and are helpful and efficient. I have not had a single problem with them, only good service.

The reasons I use an agent are - I mostly need flex tickets as my itinerary is seldom firm, especially on return. They normally get a better price for me than I can get on line, they alert me to special deals and promotions. They advise me what restrictions and refund limitations are on tickets, this is often difficult to be sure of on line.

Also, I have had experience of having booked tickets on line with TG, and at the destination needing to change my return at short notice, being unable to access the TG web site. With Transworld Travel, I just send them an email and I get my changed ticketing within the hour (in working hours of course).

Your experience may vary!!

As I have said, I do use travel agents sometimes and think the little extra cost and hassle in paying by credit card and confirming the flight is well worth the peace of mind. I am cautious because I know of a couple who lost their dream holiday as (a highly recommended) agent they had paid in advance had not bought the air tickets before going bust. No dishonesty necessarily, but they still lost over 50,000 baht.

I think the rest of your post is directed at Peetcnx.

I have used Chiang Mai Air Ticketing several times (on Nimmanaheim just after the Amari) and never had a problem - friendly and helpful. I am sure P+P are also good - I think my wife knows of them. But I would always seek the extra protection of a credit card for an expensive transaction (as well as the free travel insurance that I get)!

Rgds

Sorry I used your quote, yes the main point was a for Peetcnx. The extra travel insurance is always a bonus with a credit card and the point about confirming with the airline is also a good one, but the insurance I bought for a trip to Chile via France when the Iceland volcano erupted is another story!

cheers

Ive used World Express on Chang Klan road for the past 6 years for all my travel and never had a problem. If you give it a try ask for Khun Jan as she has always got me the best prices on the flights in to Europe and around Asia. On a few occassions I have tried to beat her price using P&P but they have yet to beat World Express's price.

I like this Thai Guy, Chris Weingsukphaibun, he operates out of Chicago, his company is www.usaasiatravel.com. Confirmation number shows up on the specific charge on your credit card. Or, go straight to www.china-airlines.com I don't think the agents sell them. Chris is primarily Star Alliance, he put me on Asiana. I did rt Phoenix-BKK last Summer for 1070 inc. Had a free hotel in seoul for my 8 hour layover, and free lunch that was awesome. Is it worth taking a chance on doing business with a company that TV is afraid to publish their name, but knows they scammed many? Until this situation is resolved, I will never buy from an agent in CNX, and would have serious doubts about BKK. Any Agent should be able to immediately put your ticket on the airlines system for seat selection.