All Female Hostel Rooms At Phuket R N' R Music Cafe & Hostel

ricknroll

Booking into a Hostel is a well known way to travel whether you are on a budget our just want a great way to meet new people... booking a bed at a hostel can be fun and save you money.

Phuket R N' R Hostel at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe in Kata Beach Phuket Thailand is gaining increased attention with it's Girls-Only Hostel – no snoring boys allowed!

On arrival ladies will receive a welcome Mai Tai, a gift pack containing skin and hair care products, a fluffy towel and face clothe. Guest are given a personal locker and our natural bamboo jungle themed rooms are equipped with a hairdryer a clothe iron and a movie star mirror for the ultimate pampering atmosphere. Ladies have access to a cozy plush sofa lounge complete with magazines, books, and multiple large Flat Screen TVs.. "Perfect for our Popcorn Movie nights / Live Satellite HD Sports Parties and Live Music DVD Concerts"

Travelers will find the free internet / Wi-Fi useful for staying in touch with family, friends and Facebook.

Located conveniently near great shopping or a short walk to the beach you can start your daily adventure by renting a motor bike or booking an excursion right outside from our local Travel & Tour Experts

A full Thai and Western Menu is available in the the Restaurant/Cafe and the Bar energy is fun & social... R N' R brews that perfect atmosphere where you can meet other travelers in a warm and vibrant setting, sing a song with our Live Musicians or chill out in our Tiki Garden Bamboo Cabanas.

Don't forget Ladies Night is Every Night featuring our Exotic Island Cocktail Promotions!

Phuket R N' R Hostel at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe is not just your typical sleepy hollow hostel... This your home away from home and the best way to enjoy your travels in Thailand.

Low season Special 350 baht a bed

Web Site: www.phuketrnrhostel.com

www.ricknroll.asia

Edited by LivinginKata
email removed as per forum rules

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! I'm going to recommend it to some friends who are travelling to Phuket later.

Does that include old bats as well? Not too worried: expat son has a very comfortable home. However, if we come to blows, it sounds like a great escape!

Rick's been getting a large number of groups of younger female travelers in his place lately. They have been staying nearby and walk in off the street. Often the girls move into one of his rooms. These are trip-adviser girls that network with other travelers and he has been getting a lot of business from word of mouth. That is I believe where he got this idea. I think his tight jeans Enrique Iglesias-esque crooning doesn't hurt either. (That's why I go. lol) Seriously, I think it is a great idea. I hope it works out for him. Nobody deserves it more or works harder on this island.

Well I guess I am too estrogen deficient to book a room with you next trip!

I guess Estro-Gent doesn't do it either.

From his website:

ALL FEMALE DORM or MIXED DORM

Beds Start at only 350 baht

Sounds like a good deal, would like to see some photo's. Good luck Ricky, Hope this helps bring in some guests during low season.

Phuket_RNR_Hostel_102_Web.jpg

Phuket_RNR_Hostel_Room101_web.jpg

We will be updating the web site with more pictures and details daily.

WWW.PHUKETRNRHOSTEL.COM

WWW.RICKNROLL.ASIA

This is what Phuket has to offer at 350 a night? A Rickety Bunk Bed (how about that pun!).

Geez, that's what Grumpy slept in when he was a kid and had to share a room with the stinky older brother............

No offense Rick but I think at 350, in the low season, with a little effort and bargaining, people will find a better room than that.

This is what Phuket has to offer at 350 a night? A Rickety Bunk Bed (how about that pun!).

Geez, that's what Grumpy slept in when he was a kid and had to share a room with the stinky older brother............

No offense Rick but I think at 350, in the low season, with a little effort and bargaining, people will find a better room than that.

For 500 bath you get your own room with airco / sat tv / fridge

Agree..600 baht for two in all amenities room, and privacy, is common in low season even in Patong [advertised price on banner, so a little bargaining could be even better.]

For singles alone ...sure Ricks is convenient.

Rickety Beds ? LOL...This custom bed would cost $700,00 - $1000,00 dollars at either Pier One imports USA or KoolBamboo (www.koolbamboo.com Florida U.S.A) Go check them out... Our Guests Love these Beds!

I can appreciate any educated advice or corrective criticism... I am always looking for way to improve R N' R (Rick N' Roll Music Cafe / Hostel). However, Go check out the other Hostels in Phuket.

These are boutique Hostel Rooms with clothe amoires, custom linens, towels, ironing boards, hair dryers, full length mirrors, air conditioners, hot water heaters, hair dryers, awesome large balconies with a view of the Kata hills and fish ponds, we do provide refrigerators and a common area with a 42 inch flat screen, three 32" flat inch TV's and a 100,000 baht (PA) sound system for satellite Tv, DVD movies. live music or even a Karaoke Sing a Long.

You surly are missing the point... We have Ladies Night Every Night with Tropical Drink Special and a Discounted Food Menu.. We provide FREE use of snorkels and towels for the beach which is only a short walk away from our property.

This is not just a room and key... This is a Package Deal and a fun experiences for single woman and or a group of girls on an adventure. We help them learn the Island and also get them the best tour rates and transportation... We provide at best a polite concierge-service.

Again we guarantee a safe and secure Hostel not a moldy old room with roaches and rusty water that stinks.

Remember...you do get what you pay for!

However, Thank you for your kind comment.

Edited by ricknroll

This custom bed would cost $700,00 - $1000,00 dollars at either Pier One imports USA or KoolBamboo (www.koolbamboo.com Florida U.S.A) However, Thank you for your kind comment.

Why import them from the USA when they make them in the north of thailand for less than $100

Rick, I'm not sure you've made the right decision here.

Not only have you turned away 50% of your potential market (male backpackers) but you have also turned away another significant demographic, backpacking couples. This is a huge market. So, take away all males and then males with their girlfriends and then girfriends with their boyfriends, or even guys and girls who have met each other on their travels and are now traveling together, and you have excluded a huge slice of the market.

The price is ok, but, as mentioned, you can get a "twin" for 600 baht which equals only 300 baht each. Not only is this a cheaper option, but, more private, no bathroom ques, less risk of theft by a fellow backpacker (this is a problem in hostels all around the world) and you don't have to worry about turning lights on, making noise, and waking people up in the dorm when you come home late and/or drunk.

Also, many female backpackers like to meet male backpackers on their travels. Not for sex, just for some attention from the opposite sex. So, they will now leave your bar to head to a bar where they can meet some young guys and party on because there will not be guys staying in your hostel.

Another point, due to discrimination laws, I am not sure you will be allowed to advertise "female only" on many hostel websites such as www.hostelworld.com but don't quote me on that. Most hostels offer male only, female only, and mixed dorms, so, they cover everyone. I am not sure if you have the room for that, but I would encourage you to consider it because your place could "crank" if you did. The best hostels are ones that have mixed dorms and a bar downstairs. They are the most social and have the best atmosphere.

Now, if the real idea behind this decision is to shag as many backpackers as you can, best of luck. You certainly have got rid of your competition, but that doesn't do much for profits. :) :) :) :)

Yeah, at the smelly old Lucky Guesthouse where you literally share your rooms with the cockroaches, get your kit nicked, and where you are free to sit in the sparsely decorated lobby with the bitter non-English speaking staff and watch Thai soaps on the 19 inch color tv. lol.

It's certainly true the Hostel International is a little cheaper (about 250 for 8 person dorm) but it's in the middle of nowhere on Chao Fa between Chalong and Phuket Town, and has very little in the way of amenities. After you factor in the 600B R/T tuk tuk to anywhere, the value of a hostel within walking distance to the beach and nightlife downstairs is clear.

Not only have you turned away 50% of your potential market (male backpackers) but you have also turned away another significant demographic, backpacking couples. This is a huge market. So, take away all males and then males with their girlfriends and then girfriends with their boyfriends, or even guys and girls who have met each other on their travels and are now traveling together, and you have excluded a huge slice of the market.

The price is ok, but, as mentioned, you can get a "twin" for 600 baht which equals only 300 baht each. Not only is this a cheaper option, but, more private, no bathroom ques, less risk of theft by a fellow backpacker (this is a problem in hostels all around the world) and you don't have to worry about turning lights on, making noise, and waking people up in the dorm when you come home late and/or drunk.

Also, many female backpackers like to meet male backpackers on their travels. Not for sex, just for some attention from the opposite sex. So, they will now leave your bar to head to a bar where they can meet some young guys and party on because there will not be guys staying in your hostel.

Another point, due to discrimination laws, I am not sure you will be allowed to advertise "female only" on many hostel websites such as www.hostelworld.com but don't quote me on that. Most hostels offer male only, female only, and mixed dorms, so, they cover everyone. I am not sure if you have the room for that, but I would encourage you to consider it because your place could "crank" if you did. The best hostels are ones that have mixed dorms and a bar downstairs. They are the most social and have the best atmosphere.

Now, if the real idea behind this decision is to shag as many backpackers as you can, best of luck. You certainly have got rid of your competition, but that doesn't do much for profits. :) :) :) :)

Good points. He does have a third room currently under construction which will be a mixed dorm. see-> www.phuketrnrhostel.com

This custom bed would cost $700,00 - $1000,00 dollars at either Pier One imports USA or KoolBamboo (www.koolbamboo.com Florida U.S.A) However, Thank you for your kind comment.

Why import them from the USA when they make them in the north of thailand for less than $100

His point was the quality is there. He didn't buy them in America. :rolleyes:

Yeah, at the smelly old Lucky Guesthouse where you literally share your rooms with the cockroaches, get your kit nicked, and where you are free to sit in the sparsely decorated lobby with the bitter non-English speaking staff and watch Thai soaps on the 19 inch color tv. lol.

It's certainly true the Hostel International is a little cheaper (about 250 for 8 person dorm) but it's in the middle of nowhere on Chao Fa between Chalong and Phuket Town, and has very little in the way of amenities. After you factor in the 600B R/T tuk tuk to anywhere, the value of a hostel within walking distance to the beach and nightlife downstairs is clear.

Google cheap rooms phuket and you find loads of clean ones for less than 500 bath ;)

Thank You NamKingMan ... as previously stated " I can appreciate any educated advice or corrective criticism" And I do appreciate your educated advice.

As far as the Dorms... Yes, We are Building another large room for a Mixed Dorm and that will include couples and of course men.

As far as keeping the girls to myself... hmmmm?? :rolleyes: You do make a good point... However, There has been a few gents that have stopped by the bar to see what our occupancy has been. There will be some appreciated competition and that is good for the bar and restaurant as well. The best thing about a hostel is the fact that many of these travelers want to hook up with other adventures and so far our guests have shared taxi / tuk tuks and even change there travel agendas to match their brand new friends / roommates travel plans.

I am going to go on a holiday soon just to stay at some hostels myself and see how other places run... do you think they will let me stay in an all girl dorm for research purposes only ;)

Google cheap rooms phuket and you find loads of clean ones for less than 500 bath ;)

How do you know it's clean? Safe?

hey I just realized.. where's Milanman? He's got such a hard-on for Ricky. :)

There are many rooms around 500 Baht, some clean, some not.

I think the main point is all female, so a dorm so meet others. Ask a bit more , compared to other dorms available, fine, but 350 Baht seems over the top to me.

I've traveled to many countries around the world and have stayed in a lot of hostels.

My two pet hates with hostels, especially in old buildings in Europe, are the lack of power points. As a backpacker, in 2011, you now carry a lot of technology that is battery powered. The majority of backpackers, including myself, have to recharge their mobile phone, ipod/MP3 player, camera and laptop. I have had to wait in a que to use a powerpoint. It always amazed me why the owner/manager never bought a few $10 powerboards. It's also important to put these powerboards in the public areas like on a table of your cafe/restaurant/bar as nobody wants to sit in their room and keep an eye on their gear while it charges. They would rather be having a drink or a meal while it charges.

The other pet hate was no hooks in the shower. With dorm showers, you have to hook up the clothes you will change into, hook up the clothes you walked into the bathroom in, hook up your towel and your toiletries bag. Try hanging all of that on one hook or a door handle. :)

A tip for you is to not give the Mai Tai cocktail on arrival. Give the free cocktail in the bar between 6pm and 7pm (or similar). That way, all the backpackers head to the bar at the same time to get their free drink. Then, they start to mingle and chat. Many will then order another drink, continue their conversation and your bar is underway for the evening.

Dorm rooms are used heavily and ALL equipment from doors to taps wear out quickly and/or break down easily. Have your cleaner check everything in the room, on a daily basis, to maintain the dorm and consistance in your service. Have them turn lights on and off. Open and shut doors and test the locks. Turn on and off taps. Test the toitet flush and drains etc etc and report anything to you.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. Good Luck with the hostel.

Rick is just advertising his business and he gets torn down.dry.gif

There is a big market for this and it's not about the room.

Lots of young female backpackers want the experience, meet new people and not be holed up in a room in the middle of nowhere and no chance to meet others on their travels.

It's the social aspect and not the room that's important here.

Good luck with it.

Lots of young female backpackers want the experience, meet new people and not be holed up in a room in the middle of nowhere and no chance to meet others on their travels.

Good luck with it.

I don't doubt people have a good time at Rick's. The price of 350 bath for a dorm in low season is way to much compared with the other options mentioned before.

Backpackers go for good deals and in my opinion this ain't one.

Good luck with it.

I don't doubt people have a good time at Rick's. The price of 350 bath for a dorm in low season is way to much compared with the other options mentioned before.

Backpackers go for good deals and in my opinion this ain't one.

Have you traveled and stayed at any hostels like KhunHeineken and NamKangMan?

Do you own a Hotel, Guesthouse or Hostel? If you do... you know about the over head cost to run a single four bed room.

I know you understand that everyday you have to clean and maintain bed sheets, blankets, pillowcases, towels, hand towels and that isn't on the cheap... Plus the water bill and the Electric bill for four people per room heating water for showers, using lights, appliances and the big one AIR Conditioning...Yes, its a cost that must be considered.

Who will clean and maintain these rooms? You need to have qualified honest staff to make sure your accommodations are at their best and secure.

Then there is the True Vision Premier HD Satellite and Internet.

You have to pay for advertising such as web sites, signs, cards, printing and graphics... I have paid a fare fee for you and I to have this chat... I am a Thai Visa Sponsor and that is a cost.

Here is a big cost that some people forget... You have to invest in the Air Conditioners, Boutique Furniture, Bed Frames, Mattresses, Water Heaters, Linens Drapes, TV...Plus Plus ... Etc Etc.

We at R N' R cater to people that want Fun with Adventure, Quality / Safe Rooms, Food, Drinks and even Live Entertainment. So far our guests appreciate our sincere interest to make their holiday the best it could be. Many past guests are now good friends.

I have stated Rick N' Roll's business intent on Thai Visa and as a Thai Visa Sponsor I have been in my rights to do so.

We are a small business in Phuket with nothing but good intentions and the fare goal to pay our overheads and survive.

By the way to all the readers...Check out NamKangMan's and KhunHeineken's above post...They know their stuff... I am gonna go PM them now and incorporate some of their suggestion first thing in the AM...I will push the crew on the completion of the Mixed Dorms for the couples and males and then install more power outlet's in the bar and restaurant for charging personal electronics (Phones, iPod etc) and a power outlet right at the edge of each bed... Hmmm, maybe a personal reading light as well?

This is fun! Thanks Gentlemen :jap:

Edited by ricknroll

Yes. You can get a room at Kata Villa for 500 w/tv Fridge hot water, pool, bar and full Restaurant .

There are many rooms around 500 Baht, some clean, some not.

I think the main point is all female, so a dorm so meet others. Ask a bit more , compared to other dorms available, fine, but 350 Baht seems over the top to me.

Rick,

Your overhead costs are not an argument towards potential guests for your pricing.

You may not like some of the comments, but not only the favorable comments are valuable.