Chiang Mai Expats Reading Material

cosmicwoman

Last time we were in Chiang Mai there seemed to be lots of Expats reading bumph around

Been here 3 weeks and seen nothing except the March Edition Newsletter I picked up at Immigration

Maybe its wrong time of the month??

Thanks

Last time we were in Chiang Mai there seemed to be lots of Expats reading bumph around.....

"Bumph"?? Is it related to chromosome sets or is it some sort of Commonwealth euphemism?

Last time we were in Chiang Mai there seemed to be lots of Expats reading bumph around.....

"Bumph"?? Is it related to chromosome sets or is it some sort of Commonwealth euphemism?

A new term for me as well. Courtesy of Merriam-Webster.com:

Definition of BUMF

chiefly British : paperwork

Origin of BUMF

from bumf toilet paper, short for bumfodder, from 1bum + fodder. First Known Use: circa 1889

Learn something new everyday...

I think Chiang Mai Mail has more or less shut down but Citylife is still in operation though I don't know where to find the print edition. Citylife's website can be found here and the next print issue is dated May 5th.

Edited by CPT

If/when you need reading material, I recommend you just go to Gecko Books, buy 1,000 baht worth of used books, and always have one in the back pocket or purse. I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of good authors I have stumbled across being cheap and buying the 50 & 60 baht books. I would buy a bunch of them, toss in a couple of my favorite authors, and walk off (after paying, of course) with hours of pleasure at my finger tips.

<br />If/when you need reading material, I recommend you just go to Gecko Books, buy 1,000 baht worth of used books, and always have one in the back pocket or purse.   I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of good authors I have stumbled across being cheap and buying the 50 & 60 baht books.  I would buy a bunch of them, toss in a couple of my favorite authors, and walk off (after paying, of course) with hours of pleasure at my finger tips.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Agree. But at the risk of advertising, the OP should know about the new fortnightly Chiang Mai Post newspaper (seperate thread on this). One of the Thai team told me it's now in 53 newsagents around town, but they don't have any in the Night Bazaar or down Hang Dong Road. But it looks promising.