The Plastic Bottle Man

shaggy1969

Can anybody tell me what's the story with an old white haired man (westerner) that i saw on beach road collecting empty plastic bottles? it must be over a year now since i have been in pattaya but the sight of this poor old unkept man pops in to mind from time to time and i often wonder why he was doing that.Is it to collect money for returning old plastic bottles?

There is a "community/greenie" farang and Thai group that go around picking up plastic bags and rubbish on Jomtien every morning,some of these are elderly farang guys,do you think this guy is part of that group?

They are always asking for new "volunteers" to join them in groups or go individually.

Im unsure if this old guy is doing it for money as i never seen him.

There is a "community/greenie" farang and Thai group that go around picking up plastic bags and rubbish on Jomtien every morning,some of these are elderly farang guys,do you think this guy is part of that group?

They are always asking for new "volunteers" to join them in groups or go individually.

Is this the same group that defaces all the trees by nailing anti-littering posters all over them??:lol:

That sounds like it could be a possibility,and i would much rather think of the old guy trying to do a service to the community than collecting bottles to try and raise a few Baht....he did look a bit trampish tho.

That sounds like it could be a possibility,and i would much rather think of the old guy trying to do a service to the community than collecting bottles to try and raise a few Baht....he did look a bit trampish tho.

If you mean the same old Guy, I am thinking of (long beard and long hair/braid), yes he really does it for money.

I see him sometimes, sitting on his "terrace" and sorting the bottles and cans.

Edited by vel_tins

If you mean the same old Guy, I am thinking of (long beard and long hair/braid), yes he really does it for money.

Poor old bugger,i thought he looked too dirty to be doing it as a community project :(

Does he need a work permit?

Does he need a work permit?

they probably just see him as a lost soul and leave him alone.

If it's the same guy(as he fits the description to a T) I saw him on soi Buakhao about 3 months ago pull up on his moto w/side car-6 feet high with plastics, go into 7/11 and buy a 10b cup o noodles and then leisurly eat his meal. Sad

If it's the same guy(as he fits the description to a T) I saw him on soi Buakhao about 3 months ago pull up on his moto w/side car-6 feet high with plastics, go into 7/11 and buy a 10b cup o noodles and then leisurly eat his meal. Sad

Motorbike w/sidecar....not as bad as i thought then !!! ,10 baht pot noodles, hmmm i wonder if he paid cash or by plastic ?

i see sometimes another tall falang picking up,plastic can's ect.

maybey same guy...

he walks a lot on the darkside,and seems to do it because he bored,has house car ect,but when you see him walking around whit his lastic bag and unshaved stressed face....

i doubt that the info they gave me is correct.

jap.gif