What Paint To Use For Swimming Pool Waterfalls?

raybarrell

Does anyone know what type of paint to use for a cement built waterfall which is part of our swimming pool feature. The pool is a salt/ chlorine auto system. therefore must be salt resisitent and sealed for protection to the cement. The waterfall is about 8 foot tall. I think the Company ( now out of business!) used a mineral type of paint when it was built new, as it smelt like cow Poo when it was applied. Any help would be appreciated?

Thx Ray

About 10 years ago I had a waterfall built by Chang Gardens in Naklua for my pool. I asked about the paint. They showed me some tins that were label 'National'. They appeared to be a cheap oil base paint. They used 3 colors very poorly mixed (red, yellow, and black), to somewhat match stones used in the water fall.

I have sold the house since, so I don't know how the paint is holding up. But I noticed over 3 years that the paint was beginning to wear off where the water flowed.

Hope this helps.

The brand National specializes in marine paint for boats. And that is probably what they used and why it is wearing off now. That is not what you want.

Edited by Tanaka

• 1 year later...