Flight Re Scheduled

nong38

I am due to fly back to the UK 12th May, In January I was told by my travel agents in the UK that I needed to contact the airline (KINGFISHER) where I found out that they had re scheduled my flight. Bangkok to Mumbai was as booked but I should have had 1 hour 40 minute break, this has now been changed I now have 1 hour there. The flight still arrives in London at the same time. There seems to be no alternative flight from this airline so I advised them that I expected them to get me on the plane to London as originally booked. Kingfisher claim to be a 5 star airline, we will see. Does anyone have any experience of this sort of situation? Mumbai and Indian security is a nightmare and very time consuming, I thought as I would already have been through Thai security, just take me across the tarmac to the other plane? Anyone had this happen before? Is 1 hour enough to connect? They will be running at reduced speed to London is it reasonable to expect them to wait?

Thanks for any info, advice and thoughts( I will be flying direct next time!):annoyed:

Edited by nong38

i flew this route 1 st april this year,,,,,,,with the 1 hour connection in mumbai,,,,,,,,the security took about 15 mins to clear,,,,and i was at the back of the plane from bkk,so no problem there,,,,,,cant think how long that would take say if a jumbo was in front of you,,,,,but the security is for transit passengers only,,,,,,,time for a wash and brush up to before boarding to uk,,,,,,,,,,

Try and head to transfers yourself (it's easy to follow the signs)- airlines tend to make you all wait and try to take any transfer passengers as a group, which can add another five or ten minutes to the time, no big deal unless you're cutting it fine.

Ok thanks for the reassurances, I am due into Mumbai at 1225 and out at 1325, so fingers crossed we get out of BKK on time and no jumbo in front at Mumbai and happy days :)