4000,000 Just Not Enough

Have I got this right, at the moment I have an Non ' O" support visa ( married to aThai National ) and when applying fro the one year extension , I have been showing the 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank, with out any problems for the past 3 years. on my next one year exrension application, due to building a house, my bank balance will not at the required date have 400,000Baht in it, and I cannot top it up in time for the next application, Can I apply at this time for a new Non " O " visa ( 90 day's ) and do a boarder run every 90 day's , and then on the next application( a year later) when I should have toped up the bank balance to the required 400,000 Baht . apply for a new one year extension ( reporting to immigration every 90 days....??

.............. Thank You , harald

I would look for some way to get that bank account back up to 400k before trying alternatives. Perhaps some of the house debts could be postponed or paid in installments? Perhaps you have an outside income that could be confirmed by your Embassy and used to make up for the shortfall? I would also discuss this with your immigration office if a small unit so they remember the why if you have to come back later and apply for a new extension of stay.

If no alternative you are free to end the extension of stay at any time and apply for a non immigrant O visa but if you are not over 50 there may (I don't know that there will be so it is worth trying) be a problem getting a Consulate in the area to issue a multi entry type; so if you will not have the funds to make an extension application again for one year it could be a pain. If you can not go to your home country (where multi entry visas are usually easier to obtain) I would try Penang and hope for the best.