Islands Off Thong Krut (koh Samui),r They Worthy?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the 4 islands mentionned above off Thong Krut of Koh Samui are worthy for a daytrip?Are they good for snorkelling or just a rip-off?Can one move around the islands by foot or rental motorbikes?How are the beaches and scenery?

Thanks a lot.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the 4 islands mentionned above off Thong Krut of Koh Samui are worthy for a daytrip?Are they good for snorkelling or just a rip-off?Can one move around the islands by foot or rental motorbikes?How are the beaches and scenery?

Thanks a lot.

Hi, good choice! I live in Thong Krut and am very happy with the little backwater. There is good snorkling off Taen and the beaches of Matsum are great. Taen has a couple of nice beaches also but I don't think there are any roads. TK tours in Thing Krut runs snorkling trips all the time in long tails.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot.

Hi, good choice! I live in Thong Krut and am very happy with the little backwater. There is good snorkling off Taen and the beaches of Matsum are great. Taen has a couple of nice beaches also but I don't think there are any roads. TK tours in Thing Krut runs snorkling trips all the time in long tails.

Hi Keeev21,

Since you live in Thong Krut,can I ask you some more questions?

Do you think it's better if I rent the longtail boat off to one of the island then spend the whole day on there(just the boat ride),or is it better to book into a halfday trip package which includes lunch,then they drop you off in the water for snorkelling?

Which island would you recommend me from the 4 of them?Are there restaurants on there for eating out?

How far is it from Sarong Bay(I'll be staying at Arayaburi resort)?(near Big Budha I guess)

Many thanks.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot.

Hi Keeev21,

Since you live in Thong Krut,can I ask you some more questions?

Do you think it's better if I rent the longtail boat off to one of the island then spend the whole day on there(just the boat ride),or is it better to book into a halfday trip package which includes lunch,then they drop you off in the water for snorkelling?

Which island would you recommend me from the 4 of them?Are there restaurants on there for eating out?

How far is it from Sarong Bay(I'll be staying at Arayaburi resort)?(near Big Budha I guess)

Many thanks.

Cheers.

Hey, depends what you want to do. The guided trip costs about 500baht but they know where to go, mostly around Taen. Best restaurant in the area is The Green Ta'lay in Thong Krut next to TK tours. Nuch can cook the lights out. Don't think there is anything on Taen and there may be a beach restaurant on Matsum but TK does feed you. If you are more adventuous the fishermen can be rented for the day but you have to find your own spots to snorkle. If you are driving it takes about 25 minutes to get to Thong Krut, turn left after Hua Thanon and just follow the road till you get there. Well worth the trip as Thong Krut is still quite quiet and relaxed.

Hope you have fun!