The 200 Baht Scam On Re Entry Permits At Suvarnabhumi

I think a lot of the posters on this thread misunderstand the situation. The picture shows a private operator's booth in the airport which has nothing to do with the official re-entry permit process. For 200B, all they offer is to fill out the form for you and take your picture. You'd still have to visit the official immigration officer to get the re-entry stamp for 1000B. So, the OP's warning stands as such: bring your own photo (or not--perhaps they're no longer needed) and ignore this booth.

Download the form fill it out OK no problem

Track down a usable photo and drive to local office which for some might be 200km round trip

wait there and get a stamp

or

200 baht at the airport on the way out - cheaper then the time and gas to get it done else where.

I will use the local office because before I leave on my next trip I will be driving past it ten times in the next few months - Plus they are not open at my normal flight times at the airport. If it was still in Chang Mai like before and I had to travel 800km round trip I think 200 baht is a deal, and I don't even need to bring an over priced worthless to me photo.

If they don't accept the photo and form you have at the airport it is most likely as pointed out an automated system (I hope that is the case) - your form and photo present a pain in the A-- for them.

Would be nice to see more automation in the local offices as well.

No more need to get a photo they do it at the time and key punch your data as they read and check it.

Not everyone lives near a local office and the airport is on the way out. I would hold off calling it a scam and see if maybe they really wanted to help a lot of people out.

Or get a multiple re-entry same time when you are in immigration for your annual extension. If you qualify for one it surely can't be about money...