Disrupted Bangkok Skytrain Service Restored

webfact

Disrupted Skytrain Service Restored

The Silom BTS line has resumed operation after service was suspended for several hours for two consecutive days due to malfunction of the system.

Service on the Silom route of the BTS elevated train returns to normal after it was halted for a few hours this morning, yesterday morning and two days ago due to a malfunction of the operation control system.

The service control system for the On Nuch-Bearing extension of the Sukhumvit route, to be launched on August 12, saw a problem, resulting in the side-effect malfunction of the Silom line.

The BTS said it dispatched staff to fix the problem, focusing on the safety of passengers.

Commuters were angered by the disruption and a lot of messages were posted on the webboard of the BTS website to voice dissatisfaction over the repeated problem.

Many of them called on the BTS to hold accountability as the incident made them late for work.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-05-04

footer_n.gif

OMG, so some people late for work, I am crying with sorrow, get a life the BTS is reasonably reliable, much more than the tube in London, or the Trains in Sydney.

And whenever the trains in Sydney or London have a major disruption it makes the news. Do you cry with sorrow when you read/hear that?

I guess the Siemens control system (that appears to have been the main problem delaying the opening of the On Nut - Baring stretch ... as in they forgot to build that into the original requirement ... but only what I have heard) suffered a few initial integration problems ... but comforting in some ways to know that the Silom and Sukhumvit lines have some form of shared control connection.

I'll turn the lights out at Udom Suk now ... tell me what happens at Sala Daeng ?