Local Alternative To Wd40?

I thought that I bought some a while back from Home Pro (next to Tesco in Chewang)

They also do a German version and a Thai version. I think that it was near the glues and safety equipment etc

dam_n, i'm in home pro every week and i've never seen it. serves me right for avoiding safety equipment i guess.

WD-40 is primarily made of fish oil. It has many uses. It is very safe to use. Can clean shower doors or stove tops very nicely. If you get spray paint on your car WD-40 will remove it, if it hasn't set to long.

Read a little further down the link you provided:

As for the claim the "basic ingredient" in WD-40 is "fish oil," it's a common rumor and one that is easily propagated (because cans of WD-40 spray include no ingredients list), but a glance at the composition information included in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for WD-40 aerosol indicates the product is primarily petroleum-based, with the main ingredient being "solvent naptha, petroleum, medium aliphatic" (also known as Stoddard Solvent):

* solvent naphtha petroleum, medium aliphatic, > 60%

* petroleum base oil as paraffinic distillate, heavy, solvent-dewaxed (severe), 15% to 25%

* corrosion inhibitor unregulated, 1% to 10%

* wetting agent unregulated, 1% to 10%

* fragrance unregulated, 0% to 1%

* carbon dioxide, 2% to 3%

WD-40 is primarily made of fish oil. It has many uses. It is very safe to use. Can clean shower doors or stove tops very nicely. If you get spray paint on your car WD-40 will remove it, if it hasn't set to long.

Fish Oil????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's made from petroleum distillates, we use alot of it at work in liquid form (comes in 1 gallon tins).

You can buy it in some smaller hardware stores, but in the big home stores I go for the ThreeBond in the earlier picture, just as good for household use.

Edit// I see the poster above beat me to that one, should have read to the end of the thread, but as the fish oil comment made me spit my tea out I felt compelled to reply :D

Edited by QED

just picked up a 2 bottle promotion of threebond at home pro, about 180 baht. they did have wd40 however it was 185 for one bottle and the german brand mentioned above was even more expensive than wd40 so i went with threebond this time.

thanks for all the info.

just as an aside - in Tesco Lotus (car cleaning materials section) they sell a local rip-off called WO-40. Similar can and color scheme to WD-40.

They also had 10 other similar products but no WD-40

ha, sounds like the "jphone" i give to some of our clients during their stay.

It's made from petroleum distillates, we use alot of it at work in liquid form (comes in 1 gallon tins).

You can buy it in some smaller hardware stores, but in the big home stores I go for the ThreeBond in the earlier picture, just as good for household use.

Edit// I see the poster above beat me to that one, should have read to the end of the thread, but as the fish oil comment made me spit my tea out I felt compelled to reply :D

99% fish oil 1% or less prtroleum distillates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99% fish oil 1% or less prtroleum distillates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps now clean that tea up and stick the kettle on again!!:D

yes, and to the fellow who said it is good for mountain bikes, it is, but only for cleaning. a synthetic bike lube will help your components last much longer.

both sonax and wd40 are available. sonax more widely