What Is The Best Basic Mods For Suzuki Raider 150?

karson

sell it to me for 10,000b :whistling::D:D

What's your goal with the bike?

replace the rear shock with an expensive YSS one and replace the tires with dunlop TT 900 GP.

Use full synthetic oil and rebuild the front forks.

Rearsets.

Lightweight, smaller pitch chain.

If you want it faster, you're going to have trouble as many people don't want to be bothered with them, few shops sell parts, but then you also need to find someone willing to take it apart and put it back together CORRECTLY, the valve train is very complicated.

Basic engine mods for any bike are exhaust, carburetor, cam, head porting, CDI, external gearing, internal gearing.

Stock, the Raider is overpowered for it's size and weight and tire size, is not useful for shopping around town.

It can be fun if you have mountain roads but is rather small and driving it fast is not very confidence inspiring.

Without rearsets, the shifting is very very slopppy and poorly designed. The front brakes are great but overpower the tire size.

I would say to buy an NSR RR or NSR SP or LS 125 (NOT underbone bikes) and sell the Raider for many reasons.

PM me if you want.

jbeck

replace the rear shock with an expensive YSS one and replace the tires with dunlop TT 900 GP.

Rearsets.

If you want it faster, you're going to have trouble as many people don't want to be bothered with them, few shops sell parts, but then you also need to find someone willing to take it apart and put it back together CORRECTLY, the valve train is very complicated.

Basic engine mods for any bike are exhaust, carburetor, cam, head porting, CDI, external gearing, internal gearing.

Stock, the Raider is overpowered for it's size and weight and tire size, is not useful for shopping around town.

It can be fun if you have mountain roads but is rather small and driving it fast is not very confidence inspiring.

Without rearsets, the shifting is very very slopppy and poorly designed. The front brakes are great but overpower the tire size.

I would say to buy an NSR RR or NSR SP or LS 125 (NOT underbone bikes) and sell the Raider for many reasons.

PM me if you want.

jbeck

can i add 30mm carb and rcdi to my bike without changing anything to the engine to have additional top end?

Rearsets.

PM me if you want.

jbeck

can i add 30mm carb and rcdi to my bike without changing anything to the engine to have additional top end?

you can try it and see. I would suggest a pipe first. 30mm is too big without other modifications. are you just going in a straight line?

The cheapest and easiest way would be to change the sprockets, maybe go down a couple of teeth at the rear. If the bikes power can't handle the change in gearing then you could replace the exhaust with an aftermarket exhaust to free it up a little bit. Or play around with the carb.

In my opinion it's really not worth doing much else, the money you'll spend won't be worth it in terms of the difference it makes to the bike's performance. Better off selling it and getting a similar sized 2 stroke like an NSR150, or the Kawasaki/Yamaha (KRR/TZM) equivalent as JBeck suggested. Much easier/simpler/cheaper to mod a 2 stroke, especially in Thailand.