Got To Love This Place

TheFishman1

Another one of the many positives to living in Thailand. You don't throw things away unless they are seriously worn/broken or you are just plain tired of them. EVERYTHING can be fixed here for cheap.

Two years ago I got 3 sets of long trousers for free from the Walmart in Canada when they were getting rid of old stock, and I just got lucky. But, I didn't NEED long pants. What I wanted was knee high shorts with an extra patch pocket so I can sort out my Thai bills (20 baht in left pocket, 100 baht in right pocket). Also, two pairs of the trousers were a little bit tight. I brought them to Chiang Mai and my laundry lady took them to a seamstress for me. I got two shorts fixed with extra patch pockets and they fit perfectly, And, one pair of slacks were too nice to cut into shorts, so she only used the excess around the ankle and made patch pockets with that. It cost me less than 200 baht.

And, I can have my scooter tire fixed and the tube replaced for under 100 baht.

Got a pairof shoes, a good pair, good brand, the soles fell off, the heat I think. I wasgoing to launch them and my Thai friend says take them to the shoe shop, longstory short I couldn’t find it, my friend took me…It was a guy who had set up shop in a busshelter, bottom line; 8 hours and 45 Baht later, shoes good as new.

Tailors inThailand, I have one in my village, great guy, very skillful.

+1 Thailand