Does Slingbox Work In The Ban Chang Area With Dsl

robkey69

More information please

What download speeds are you getting using an International speed test ?

What is the "supposed" download speed package you are on ?

What is the upload speed of your connection in the US ?

I use a Slingbox AV in Pattaya, on a 5 MB connection from Triple B Broadband

So long as my stream is over 350 kps all is fine

I also have much better speeds / clarity if I am streaming from at DVR instead of "live" viewing

More information please

What download speeds are you getting using an International speed test ?

What is the "supposed" download speed package you are on ?

What is the upload speed of your connection in the US ?

I use a Slingbox AV in Pattaya, on a 5 MB connection from Triple B Broadband

So long as my stream is over 350 kps all is fine

I also have much better speeds / clarity if I am streaming from at DVR instead of "live" viewing

Well, I'm in the states now and can't check but if I remember it was max 1.5, but I don't think it never ever got over 1.00 more around 750..... Since I'm out in the sticks (Payoon Beach) the internet speeds are not that great...I will have my brother in-law run a speed check and update you on it....I'm using DirectTV in the states...

Do you stream it to your TV? or just monitor?

Thanks

Well, I'm in the states now and can't check but if I remember it was max 1.5, but I don't think it never ever got over 1.00 more around 750..... Since I'm out in the sticks (Payoon Beach) the internet speeds are not that great...I will have my brother in-law run a speed check and update you on it....I'm using DirectTV in the states...

Thanks

I stream it to my computer, obviously, and from there I have a switch that can direct the video picture to a TV in the bedroom and a TV in the living room via hardwire

There are those that report using a Sling Catcher to stream to TV but they are no longer being sold by Sling media and I really don't know much about them

Many have reported good luck "slinging" using Thai Internet connections since the Slingbox does a pretty good job with their proprietary streaming algorithm. It appears that the biggest criteria seems to be your upload speed in the US. Using Direct TV is OK but once again I find it much better to stream using a Digital Video Recorder provided by Direct TV not only for the smoothness of the stream but due to the time difference between Thailand and the US

Hopefully this conversation will cause the thread to be bumped enough for someone in Ban Chang to respond with some direct knowledge

I don't have anyone in the US to monitor my Slingbox so my solution for controlling it remotely can be found here:

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/forum/general-place-shifting-discussions/remote-access-to-my-slingbox-av/?value=2549&type=9&include=1&search=1&ret=all

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I stream it to my computer, obviously, and from there I have a switch that can direct the video picture to a TV in the bedroom and a TV in the living room via hardwire

There are those that report using a Sling Catcher to stream to TV but they are no longer being sold by Sling media and I really don't know much about them

Many have reported good luck "slinging" using Thai Internet connections since the Slingbox does a pretty good job with their proprietary streaming algorithm. It appears that the biggest criteria seems to be your upload speed in the US. Using Direct TV is OK but once again I find it much better to stream using a Digital Video Recorder provided by Direct TV not only for the smoothness of the stream but due to the time difference between Thailand and the US

Hopefully this conversation will cause the thread to be bumped enough for someone in Ban Chang to respond with some direct knowledge

I don't have anyone in the US to monitor my Slingbox so my solution for controlling it remotely can be found here:

http://placeshifting...earch=1&ret=all

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it...also wondering if you have tried Netflix in Thailand? I heard it can't be viewed out of the USA....but maybe through a proxy server it might be possible?