Brink, Are You Planning To Get It?

ozymandious

Brink on what Platform  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is anyone out there planning to get Brink?

I enjoy my FPS games and this one looks great.

I have some concern over finding good servers though.

COD 4 had some servers in Thailand and the Ping was halfway decent and playable.

COD:MW2 used a P2P style of match making with out dedicated servers. I didn't like it at first but it worked out ok.

COD: Blk Ops went back to Dedicated servers and there is not one in Thailand :-( (Please correct me if i'm wrong) I can not get a decent ping which means opponents can teleport in front of you and skull F*uck you while with their knife while doing a happy circle strafe dance.

I have had much better results playing Black ops on the Xbox 360 in terms of Ping response time and playability. How ever I am much more a fan of the Keyboard + Mouse control

I am leaning twords purchasing Brink for the 360 but I'm curious if you guys know anyone if there will be any local servers in Thailand?

Bethesda has put up a detailed FAQ on what is required for the Stand alone Server and it looks like they're doing it right by PC gamers

Anyone will be able to download the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server software through Steam. The Standalone Dedicated Server is free and doesn't require you to have the full version of Brink installed. It can support multiple servers on one machine.

Awesome that you don't need to purchase the game to run the server!

Features/Specs for the game

With the inclusion of Steamworks, players will have the following features…

• Steam Achievements
  • VOIP (in addition to the already existing in-game chat)
  • Leaderboards
  • VAC (Valve Anti Cheat)
  • Dedicated Servers
  • Friends Support
  • Steam Cloud (for save data)

Minimum Specs

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent

Memory: 2GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA 8800GS / ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro or equivalent

Hard Drive: 8GB of free space

Recommended Specs

Processor: Intel Quad Core i5

Memory: 3GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon™ HD 5850

Hard Drive: 8GB of free space

My rig meats the Minimum specs

So are there going to be anyone playing Brink in Thailand? Any Servers?

Edited by ozymandious

ntsc for xbox and ps3 version already out, so you can start downloading or wait 1-2 days for your local console shop to sell the copies.

yeah but i want a legit version so I can play online.

me too, technically you are supporting the hackers that just screwed us all over mmuz

ntsc for xbox and ps3 version already out, so you can start downloading or wait 1-2 days for your local console shop to sell the copies.

me too, technically you are supporting the hackers that just screwed us all over mmuz

right, but i do have the chance to try the games before i buy them, and in this case i saved 50$ by downloading it, played 5 minutes and throwed it away.

right, but i do have the chance to try the games before i buy them, and in this case i saved 50$ by downloading it, played 5 minutes and throwed it away.

that bad?

I too have played the 360 version

Single player was terrible due to the AI being awful!

I can see it being a different story multi-player though with no bots

Will see how much the PC version is in MBK as I can see this title getting LOTS of patches so the PC version will be the best to get (also for the server feature)

Also getting PC version as PSN still down and might be for 2 more weeks or so!

I was going to get this but then saw the bad reviews, not sure if I will now though as sounds like its only good with a full team of human players.

Does it have online matchmaking?

looks like they are fixing bugs.... don't forget, we only have real info on the 360 version.. by comparison, the ps3 version should be better due to the size of the blueray disc(i hope) They are patching multiplayer and are releasing new maps for free. most of the broken stuff should be fixed soon... Bad company 2 was <deleted> online for the first couple of months if you rtemember, and it can't be worse than the sucky connections with black ops.

PSN starting to go back on line again today so team PIPE will be handing out whoopings on COD sooner rather than later