Bangkok Manufactuers

thewhites1212

Two places for non-food items are (1) BoBae market in Krung Kasem Road, a short tuk-tuk ride from Hua Lumphong Railway Station .This is the major wholesale market for all clothing for Thai shops and market stall holders.(2) Sampeng Lane , in Chinatown, for the largest range of other Wholesalers of many different products. Sampeng lane is off Yaowarat road and is some kilometres long. Amazingly crowded,All the time. Both are open from about 10.00 or 11.00 to about 20.00, 7 days a week. ALL are closed for 1 week ,for Chinese New Year. For food items ,you will need to contact individual manufacturers.Happy Hunting, Bill

Afarang

Thanks for that will check both places out

Im not that fimilar with Bangkok apart from the BTS system. I get dropped off at Victory monument when visiting.Which method of transport to get to these desination would you say best..

Can you give me some direction

Many thanks again, i went to Pratunum and MBK but found the prices were mainly tourist prices

Regards

Oh dear ,I have been out of Bkk. for about 12 years now.Forgotten the bus numbers( 2 buses needed).Best suggestion is for your first visit, take a taxi from Victory. For Bobae. For Sampeng , get yourself to Hua Lumphong railway station and walk, not far ,about 1 kilo, or take any bus going through Yaowarat which is a one way road, and get off about 5 blocks up Yaowarat and walk down any lane to Sampeng. If getting to Hua Lumphong is convenient for you, you can also get to Bo Bae easily from the Railway Station. just Take a Taxi or tuk-tuk from Hua Lumphong ,It is quite close. All taxis and tuk-tuks are very familiar with both places. Hope this helps,Bill

Bkk.-BoBae is and has been for many years Export Oriented. It does as a matter of course , stock "larger" sizes. So, many outlets can supply "western sizes".Interestingly, the major export market is with the Russians, who have been buying there for many years.

• 1 month later...