Thai Police Arrest Two Drug Traffickers Including One American

Lite Beer

Two drug traffickers, including one American, arrested.

image_20110508151345CEAB568C-A34B-CABC-9960588428C4996A.jpg

SA KAEO, May 8 - Two alleged drug traffickers, including an American, have been apprehended in separate incidents after officials seized a large amount of drugs in their possession, police said Sunday.

The 58-year-old US citizen identified as Peter B. Sargent was arrested at Aranyaprathet border checkpoint in Sa Kaeo province after Thai rangers, immigration and tourist police found 17.72 grammes of dried marijuana, 160 packets of foreign cigarettes and 8,043 stimulant and painkiller pills. allegedly in his possession, police said.

He reportedly told police during an investigation that he had bought the seized marijuana and the speed pills in the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh for own consumption after he returned to his country. But police did not believe him and sent him for detention at Klong Luek police station.

In a separate incident, police in the northernmost province of Chiang Rai arrested a 54-year-old man identified as Chatchai (alias Mart) Jomkumsing, and seized 20,000 speed pills which he was about to sell to an undercover policeman on a village roadside. The drugs were worth about Bt1.6 million, police said.

Police said Mr Chatchai told them during an investigation that he was a farmer and had decided to become a drug trafficker because he was facing huge debts. He said he received the drug from Muser tribesmen inside Myanmar and then sold it to drug trafficking networks in Bangkok and surrounding provinces. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2022-05-08

17.72 grammes of dried marijuana, 160 packets of foreign cigarettes and 8,043 stimulant and painkiller pills. allegedly in his possession, police said.

This should be a joke,for having this staff this guy is considered a drug dealler???????:whistling:

Do the crime - do the time - bye bye. One or more less idiot/s to contend with. ph34r.gif

I honestly think the true idiots and less than nice people( with obvious issue's) are those who seem to take some sort of pleasure out of this mans fate.

And those who seem to think that these law's are just and work.

Do the crime-do the time?

Does anyone really think that? In so many case's all one need's to do is pay one's way out.So that silly little comment fall's straight down, does it not?

Next, let's look at" do the time" little rant for a second shall we.

Apart from costing you ,me, all tax payer's it achive's nothing.

I will tell you what it does acheive. First of all it hand's the criminal a network of like minded fellows, therefore making him( or her) far more likely to be able to succeed in criminal endevours than before. Yes, thus costing us more.

It also tend's to make them hate us.How many time's have I been told something along the line's of " well, I was given a few months, I will be out soon and then I will do this or that to the society that did this to me" They up the ante and for those that do so, can do so far more "professionaly"

Few may carry this out. Some do.

Next silly little thing " One less idiot to contend with" Oh, is that so, he will be executed will he?

No, he will,in all likehood be out, as most are in fact set free,in a very short space of time.

I honestly think the only thing more crazy than those who smuggle contraband are those that implement the law's that would send them to jail and think that they work.

Do the crime - do the time - bye bye. One or more less idiot/s to contend with. ph34r.gif

I honestly think the true idiots and less than nice people( with obvious issue's) are those who seem to take some sort of pleasure out of this mans fate.

Does anyone really think that? In so many case's all one need's to do is pay one's way out.So that silly little comment fall's straight down, does it not?

I will tell you what it does acheive. First of all it hand's the criminal a network of like minded fellows, therefore making him( or her) far more likely to be able to succeed in criminal endevours than before. Yes, thus costing us more.

It also tend's to make them hate us.How many time's have I been told something along the line's of " well, I was given a few months, I will be out soon and then I will do this or that to the society that did this to me" They up the ante and for those that do so, can do so far more "professionaly"

Next silly little thing " One less idiot to contend with" Oh, is that so, he will be executed will he?

No, he will,in all likehood be out, as most are in fact set free,in a very short space of time.

I honestly think the only thing more crazy than those who smuggle contraband are those that implement the law's that would send them to jail and think that they work.

There's some sense in what you say. Good for you to say what's on your mind in this matter.

I can understand people making the type of comments you're criticizing when it comes to the harder and more dangerous drugs like ya-ba and its cousins, but when cannabis is involved and people start suggesting the maximum allowable penalty is imposed, it's just plain scary and shows that they've been very well indoctrinated by their governments. And please, nobody come back with, "Marijuana is a gateway drug to the harder ones." That's crap because the REAL gateway drug is the legal and socially acceptable alcohol, which clearly does much more physical and social damage than cannabis.

But either way, your comments about what really happens to people when they're put in prison should not be ignored. It is often the worse possible action to take and as you correctly indicated, it more often turns people closer to a life of crime than correct their behavior. Politicians like to call prisons 'correction facilities' because it makes them (and some of is) feel better.

Did he come by car/van?

I don't see how he could conceal it all. Is he mad? Each time I've been to that border post I've always had my bag checked and so too has everyone else.

Didn't he do a trial run first?

You have to remember it is only stupid criminals that get caught. :jap:

So what do you suggest should be his punishment?

We are visitors in this country. They have laws which all must abide by. If we don't agree with the laws we should leave the country, [or make sure we have plenty of money to deal with any problems.]

If he was carrying this stash in the US, would he be let off?

The weather is always fine here. Anyone can get themselves a good looking woman if they are prepared to support them at a fraction of the cost of supporting a woman in their home country. They can get English language TV and entertainment to suit all tastes. All this at a cost of living less than their home countries.

But still, there are people not content and want to take risks.

A 58 year old in a Thai Prison, doesn't matter how long he is in. I doubt he will be the same person when he comes out.

Should have enjoyed the good life while he had it.

Edited by Greyman