Toukay Problem

sbk

Its not me with the problem, its the newcomer scaredy cat guests. I like my big guy (hes the one in the photo). Whats a bit of toukay poop to bother me when he eats rodents and cockroaches???

Never seen that can of foam sealer, do they have it in Thailand?

My husband is quite good at catching the toukays, somehow pins them down and grabs them by the back of the neck. We have tried relocating them but obviously not far enough away as they keep coming back!

Its not me with the problem, its the newcomer scaredy cat guests. I like my big guy (hes the one in the photo). Whats a bit of toukay poop to bother me when he eats rodents and cockroaches???

My husband is quite good at catching the toukays, somehow pins them down and grabs them by the back of the neck. We have tried relocating them but obviously not far enough away as they keep coming back!

I remember staying in a beach hut; when we moved in there was a big hermit crab in the corner, still alive.

my hubbie took it out and threw it into the sea.

the next morning it was back in the corner :o

buy the foam online

Don't know if this is possible or not.

Does anybody know what frequency the Toukay's hearing is? I had a problem with Cats once and plugged one of those boxes in (can't remember the Technical term) that releases horrid noises that are only heard by Animals such as Dog's and Cat's, because of their hearing frequency levels. It worked for me, maybe the Toukay's hearing is at the same level or there might be one available for their frequency. Just a thought

Just that they aren't sealed, as you would an air con room. And I agree, that you can't possibly seal enough to keep the little guys out. Which is why I was hoping there was something that we could put in the room to repel them. Husband says moth balls won't work tho.

They really are not much of a problem we had them living in our roof space before, but they appeaed to have moved out. I heard if they Tookayed 11 times you would die. I actually found myself counting, but never heard one call 11 times yet.

I found some at HomePro.

The clerks didn't have a clue about what we wanted.

Had to hunt it down ourselves.

I believe it was in the "adhesives" section.

Unfortunately, unlike Great Stuff, it had to be held upside down to dispense.

It made it a little difficult, applying it near the ceiling.

I leave em alone, they can be nasty little beggers, if approached, there jaw locks once they have bitten you. i have had one in my house for four years, he lives behind the wardrobe in the bedroom, when i am home and put the air con on he moves outside onto the landing, i did have one in the kitchen but the cat had him one day, they do get rid of all the other pests. go to sleep after a few chaings and he will not annoy you.

Here is the guy. Some of them can be quite large, up to a foot long.

Awww, what a cute little bugger. Looks like the one that used to hang out at Pia's Guest House in Mae Hon Song. You'd never see it during the day, but after sunset suddenly he would appear on the wall, same spot every time.

Never saw him move, but come the next morning he'd be gone. I was at the point where I thought it was a fake (rubber toy), that the owners put up there. The G/F explained that it was common for them to stay stationary like that for long periods.

Probably better to have a few of them around than snakes or other critters. Just got to remember to put lids on top of food containers.

what might help, at least it helps for thai mossies: cool down the room to 20 degree or lower.

If you are european from the mountainside you still feel well, and you get rid of all the buggers.

But definitly not an option for most thai people.... At 18 Degree my wife would have killed me, but she was to frozen to do it....