Tea Money Cambodia

Things must quite here in cambo. Just went to thai embassy, dude says today special day

$60 3 month visa, come back 6 pm (same day express)

puts money straight in pocket, asks for a pic no forms nothin :blink:

oh well beats waiting 3 days

assuming this is double entry tourist visa sounds more like a service for a fair price than a scam

No its a 2 month visa which are normally free but around 3 days wait. I was happy to pay

Indeed, a tourist visa is no longer free. price is again 1,000 baht (in local currency) per entry.

got it!

I doubt the express is standard though. he stuck it in his pocket outside the embassy, this all happened outside. No complaints though as long as he is there when i go back :rolleyes:

its all to common in Thai-Lao-Cambodia......

I try to refuse......just to send out a signal....

i now it sounds stupid......but in 90% of my tea money situations it WORKS.

have a look at the picture.

wooden shoes....they like all curious people (business people) love it.

just try to find something as simpel as this

its a door opener.

hgma

post-28792-0-75573600-1304934244_thumb.j

okay here is the deal.

firstly the guy was immigration dressed in uniform outside the embassy but inside one the boxes /guard station. His biz card is fully embassy

just got back he was dressed in civilian clothes but walked outside of the embassy when i pulled up. I never left the tuk tuk. Gives me the passport with a 3 month visa instead of 2 but says i can only stay in thailand for 2 months.

he asked for $3 drinking money, i only had 50 in my wallet. he gave me another card and said to call anytime I need a visa.

The receipt is for $35! so it was tea money

But very very happy, planned right one can be in and out of cambo the same day (fly) and have a 2 month visa

all good

you paid us60 for a single visa? you got ripped!

but then you go on to state:

Gives me the passport with a 3 month visa instead of 2 but says i can only stay in thailand for 2 months.

a non-o?? BUT you were expecting a double BUT your initial post states a single. <deleted>?! why if you have a "3 month visa" can you only stay "2". I'm SO confused!

BUT..your last post states you have a single TR...

But very very happy, planned right one can be in and out of cambo the same day (fly) and have a 2 month visa

WOW, just wow

Edited by bangkokburning

He paid extra for same day issue of a single entry tourist visa which allows a 60 day stay that can be extended for 30 days. Who he paid is the question as he says they were in 'uniform' and Consulate officials are civilians.

you paid us60 for a single visa? you got ripped!

but then you go on to state:

Gives me the passport with a 3 month visa instead of 2 but says i can only stay in thailand for 2 months.

a non-o?? BUT you were expecting a double BUT your initial post states a single. <deleted>?! why if you have a "3 month visa" can you only stay "2". I'm SO confused!

BUT..your last post states you have a single TR...

WOW, just wow

did you even read what he wrote?

he paid extra to get the visa back the same day instead of waiting 2-3 days

he could have also paid to get a double entry tourist visa going through the agents outside but either did not know about it or chose not to do it. he never said he was expecting a double

with the "3 month visa" part he means the visa validity which is usually 3 months from the apply date meaning you have to use the entry during that time

visa validity and the time he can stay in thailand with per entry are different things. he will get 60 days at the border when entering and then has the possibility to extend the stay for another 30 days at immigration if he chooses so

I read it - couldn't much understand it though.

It sounds like he had no clue what he was paying for honestly.

Hope I am not forced to use some dodger outside the gate or run my visa through an agent. This is bs.

okay simple version.

$35 for 3 day wait

$60 for same day pick up, no paper work just passport and a pic.

its a 2 month visa with an extension of 30 days if you want.

he confused me with the 3 month thing but the mod here clarified it

for $25 extra you dont need to hang around and pay for hotels. Its okay if you stay at a $6 a night hostel but I dont do hostels.

the man was in an immigration greenish colored uniform you see at airports. I have his embassy card in my wallet.

The $25 is pocketed, there is no 'official' same day service. but who cares

Is this clearer?

nobody was "forced" lol I could have walked straight passed him to the embassy door 2 metres away. the place was deserted never seen it like that before.

keep in mind this is the embassy in Phnom phen

Edited by zorro1

Got my 2x tourist visa (same day) a couple weeks ago from an agent steps from my riverfront hotel for $30 per entry plus $18 fee. Well worth it to save hassle of 2 return embassy trips and standing around in the Cambodian sun.

now thats a good deal, which hotel? do you always use same guy?

the man was in an immigration greenish colored uniform you see at airports. I have his embassy card in my wallet.

Immigration work inside Thailand - not at Consulates. Whatever that uniform was it was not likely to be Thai Immigration (which is Police).

From other reports I gather that the guy was just the guard at the embassy.

well he was standing next to the guard box, so makes sense.

farang Buddha how did you get a double for $30 when standard 2 month is $35?

Got my 2x tourist visa (same day) a couple weeks ago from an agent steps from my riverfront hotel for $30 per entry plus $18 fee. Well worth it to save hassle of 2 return embassy trips and standing around in the Cambodian sun.

now thats a good deal, which hotel? do you always use same guy?

Posted a thread here with all the details. Search by my username or just scroll back a few pages.