Non "O" In Phnom Phen?

Have not seen many reports from PP for anything but tourist visas but hopefully someone can reply.

For one year multi entry KL seems to be the best choice as they will issue if you can show 100k in any kind of account (most local places do not have any fixed criteria or just do not issue)

Actually, currently I have a non b. I was going to apply for an extension of it based on marriage, but I had a brief cash lapse..... I had to take money out of the account then put it back the next week. I should have maintained a separate account for this seasoning of the money. Now, I just happen to be going to Phnom Phen the day after tomorrow and I figured I'd just get a new Non O (marriage) while I am there. I think this would be easier than jumping through the money hoop at this time. My other option at this point has expired as I would need to get to Bangkok to the Canadian Embassy to get a letter confirming income..... it's a long story really, but the short of it is that I @^%$# ed it up... Now I need to buy time with a tourist visa or a Non O.

Have not seen many reports from PP for anything but tourist visas but hopefully someone can reply.

For one year multi entry KL seems to be the best choice as they will issue if you can show 100k in any kind of account (most local places do not have any fixed criteria or just do not issue)

Yes I looked at the pinned topic. Worst case for me I guess is a tourist visa to buy time. What about Vientienne??? Non O Marriage available there?I go to Udon Thani often, it would be easy to go across for a few days.

Could I get a 30 day extension of my Non B? I have just about run it right out. I think I have till May 30 on it. That would buy me the time to jump through the money hoop....

You can easily, with wife, get a 60 day extension and that would give you the time to meet the two month in bank requirement. No need for a new visa entry.

Most Consulates will provide a single entry with marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and home register.

Thank you... I'll try that tomorrow. Would they require her presence for the extension application??? She's not here, but I have available copies of her ID and Tabien Bahn

Thanks for your assistance BTW.....

I usually have it together more than this.... I usually laugh at the idiots that are trying to get it done at the last minute...... I have become one.

Well if you plan to extend to visit the wife she is likely to be a requirement.

I don't plan to visit her. I live here.

I plan to extend the Non B, then apply for extension based on marriage. Hey.... why would i need a wife to extend the Non B???

You can not extend a non immigrant B visa without a valid reason. One reason is to visit wife and that allows a 60 day extension of stay. Without the wife you will not get more than 7 days to leave town.

Ok. I will try it with her not present. She's in Isaan making sure the field gets ploughed and the sugar gets planted.

Let you know how it goes.....

You can get a non-o from an agent in Phnom Phen. $20-$30 on top of the standard visa fee depending on how quick you want it back.

Most of the agents are on Sisowath Quay and they all seem to route it through one guy at the embassy.

• 1 month later...

Thats good to know CNXSTEVE, how long does it typically take with one of the agents?

I don't mind how long it takes (within reason), but it is necessary to know for the return flight.

Do you have any contact details for any of the agents?

Thanks

Mac

You can get a non-o from an agent in Phnom Phen. $20-$30 on top of the standard visa fee depending on how quick you want it back.

Most of the agents are on Sisowath Quay and they all seem to route it through one guy at the embassy.

Can one get 1 year "visiting friends" type visa or similar if using an agent?

If so i would like have details of such agents in Phnom Phen aswell