New Baby Cruiser Spotted ...

A "Zongshen ZS125 Pursuit" pulled up next to me at the lights

in Chiang Rai. I usually find chinese chopper style bikes

unattractive but this one looks pretty good with the blacked

out "night train" styling. Depending on price it could be a

good alternative to buying a wave.

Check out the youtube vid C7tD1tGlz6A for a chuckle.

Depending on price it could be a good alternative to buying a wave.

Would it ? you can get any parts you want for a Wave, where would you get anything for this bike ?

As for buying at Big C, sure they sell lots of things but but if you need anything for what you buy they have no idea where and have/would never stock..

I learn't 7 years ago with a nice big double corded 'made in China' Strimmer, 7 or 8 month later needed a new cord spool, 'No have' 6 odd years later still have the perfect strimmer never found a cord spool anywhere, Bought a double corded Black & Decker, can buy everywhere a new cord spool.

There a a few nice looking bikes about, but ask where to get parts always a problem to get an answer, do you want a bike that maybe unusable for months waiting for some small part to be shipped to Thailand ?

Chinese of seven years ago are not Chinese of today. Many companies are much better financed, undertake (with cash to invest) to develop support systems in sales areas, and employ better trained staff from bottom to top. Describing Chinese products as they were long ago or even yesterday as they improve and improve (as they will in order to succeed in the world market) gets us nowhere.

We, the public, are forever field testing new products (pharmaceuticals included) as all products need a large sample and a length of time for useful measurement. It's simply true that tried and true products cost more.

Sooner or later, the Chinese will be selling quality products under their own names in many fields following the example of Japan; as it is, China produces hi-tech products of the highest quality (for Japanese and Western names) and has been for a long while a supplier for motorcycles sold around the world.

Meanwhile, I don't know if my local dealer who sold me my Lifan 250 has a large stock of parts, as I have needed none.

Edited by PaulD

Would it ? you can get any parts you want for a Wave, where would you get anything for this bike ?

Perhaps from the Zongshen factory in Chonburi?

Dont think Id like to buy it at Big C though ... and 55k is about 10 more than I would like to pay for a 125.

It does hae some nice touches ... the leather saddle, showa shocks ... and of course the chick in the video :)

Looks like they are upping the quality and competitiveness of light cruisers. Adds more compitition to the market again, good for the consumer. I think it would be a more serious challenge if it had a 250......or 400cc engine tho.

I wouldnt mind riding that model tho.........but the bike isnt really for me.

Looks like they are upping the quality and competitiveness of light cruisers. Adds more compitition to the market again, good for the consumer. I think it would be a more serious challenge if it had a 250......or 400cc engine tho.

Yesss .... a Vtwin 250 with that kind of styling and attention to detail, sub 100k, would attract a lot of attention.

Yesss .... a Vtwin 250 with that kind of styling and attention to detail, sub 100k, would attract a lot of attention.

Don't they call the 250 the Lifan LF250 V twin?

Ask PaulD as I believe he has something very similar.

Don't they call the 250 the Lifan LF250 V twin?

IMHO the yammie viragos were a bit of an ugly duckling, and the lifan

clones add a touch of communist agricultural aesthetic to the mix.

I had a close look at one a few days back and while they seem to be

proving themselves mechanically, the fit and finish is not that great.

Having said that, if the LF 400cc shaft drive version becomes available I

would certainly give it some serious thought ...

to be fair it aint Big C selling them it is a concession stand in big c

Which Big C has the concession stand? Friend went to the one on 2nd Rd. near Pattaya Nua and couldn't find it.

Well I just looked it up on Google and it seems as though there are over 7,000 results.

It was easy to find a link.

Hopefully the photo will show up and if not try this link

www.motorbike-warehouse.co.uk › Motorbike

www.motorzoneuk.com/.../_1359~-zongshen-pursuit-zs-125

or post this on Google search

Zongshen ZS125 Pursuit

post-5614-0-51450600-1305355557_thumb.jp