Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Declares Her Pheu Thai Candidacy

webfact

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last one out, switch of the lights.

The dynasty (or should I say din nasty) is preparing itself for supreme power (they hope) along the lines of Marcos, Hussain, Gadhaffi et al. They just have one or two people to remove first. God help Thailand!

The poor and ignorant masses are being duped. If these fascists win there really is no future and Burma will look like a tea party. Perhaps I won't sell my house in France after all.

It's just the trick to keep the masses ignorant and duped. Then, pretend they are free to vote. You got then, the certification "democracy "... Sounds good does not it ? Then you get supported by the BIG "democracies ".

Not much change for the ones who are ruling as much they want: as a french national, don't you know the 49-3, which allows Laws under project to by-pass the Parliament ?

As for your house, in France, I donot quite see the link ? Or is it you mean, as to have a rear base ? I donot trust France can be considered as a valuable rear base ( I am a French national myself ). As a financial product your house is RELATIVELY safe, except they would decide to draw a road across your plot and pay you enough for you can stay one month at the hotel. ( droit de preemption de l'Etat ).

Better buy GOLD and store it underneath Zuerich airport. Or just open a Swiss bank account and leave it there in CHF. On the last 12 month the CHF appreciated 27% against the USD. ( And against the THB, as you will notice you constantly have 1 USD $ = 30 THB ), on the boards of the banks, in Thailand...

Steerable (by Big Brother T) … Yes, she probably will be.

But then, the leaders of our own western democracies are not much better, considering that there are controlled by Big Money (the Banks, the Cargills, the Monsantos, ….).

By the way, we may perhaps consider that the colour “competiton” (yellow, red, …) is more a fight between the Thai elite who tries to keeps its money against the Western Money who tries to get a larger part with the help (conscious or not) from a proxy (Taksin)

A return to democratic rule, AND a pretty face? Thank you, Lord!

Wonder if it'll still be a "pretty face" when she has a nervous breakdown during a televised debate with Abhisit. Or is she too pretty for that?

A televised debate is not going to happen. I do not think she would stand a chance in a debate with Abhisit. The loss of face would be huge.

Pretty Thai faces have compelled many men (Thai and farang) to go cry in their beer while calling out to the bar room walls, "Where did I go wrong? She was so cute and sweet when we met. Now she and her family have brand new cars and fancy houses, and I'm peddling a rickety bicycle back to my matchbox-sized room at the guest house."

Open mature political debates aren't part of Thailand's democratic process. Plus, the Shinawatres are swift at slamming defamation suits at anyone who may insinuate they're less than sterling examples of humanity.

yinglakchin.jpg

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra

Beautiful, intelligent and elegant Yingluck Shinawatra, sister of former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may well become the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand if the rumours within the main opposition party in the Kingdom materialized.

Take off the make up, take away the her brothers money B) and you get an ordinary thai woman :angry::bah:

yinglakchin.jpg

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra

Beautiful, intelligent and elegant Yingluck Shinawatra, sister of former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may well become the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand if the rumours within the main opposition party in the Kingdom materialized.

Take off the make up, take away the her brothers money B) and you get an ordinary thai woman :angry::bah:

Isn't that the truth. Shockingly, people often like virgin politicians. Look at Obama. Leaves you scratching your head, wondering why.

It is predominantly black not exclusively black, and all schools have places for foreign students.

I'm wondering why she chose such a university to attend. Is she attracted to black guys? I wonder what she got up to in her spare time there.

The black aspect is irrelevant. Based on the standing of the school, it obviously means her qualifications for admission to a more elite school didn't exist. In the US, there are traditionally black colleges that indeed quite excellent, such as Emory and Howard.

I think that you mean Emory & Henry

Emory is NOT a traditionally black college ... no where near it as it is quite an elite "predominantly caucasian" private university specializing in medicine and law. Howard is a traditionally black uni for sure.,, never heard of Henry....

Edited by Scubadude770

Kentucky State University is NOT the University of Kentucky.

Kentucky State is for black people only.

How did she get in ? And why did she go there? It is a terrible school.

Any thoughts on Eastern Kentucky University please?

Good uni ... EKU is about 20 minutes from UK and many people take classes at both then transfer credits to whichever they want to finish at.

Kentucky State University???

Hicksville, USA.

If language is a problem, though, how come George Dubya Bush got into Yale. Daddy was as corrupt as any other politician, but super rich. And so, although Dubya has little knowledge of the English Language (or indeed of anything), he got into Yale and was voted in (twice, well, at least the second time) by the American sheeple.

Any time you want to snigger at Thai politics, just recall that Dubya was the most powerful politician on earth. Or maybe you should recall the likes of Sarkozy in France or Bliar in UK (followed by the equally appalling Brown).

Still, with all Thaksin's wealth, she should have been able to find a university a bit more up the evolutionary scale than Kentucky State.

But very educ-able.

Did I once see her on Thailovelinks?

So you have spent some time in the capital city of Kentucky ? Is that what qualifies your "hicksville" comment or is it more likely your lack of knowledge and an attempt to step up your own upbringing by bashing another geographical area of the world.

Hicksville is way way out of line for the bluegrass country where the equine industry flourishes in opulant splendor.

She looks Chinese and not Thai. Would the rural Thais want a rich Chinese lady leading Thailand? Do they even know her? How much contact time during her life has she had with the poor rural folk around the country? Less than one hour?

Edited by hyperdimension

The dynasty (or should I say din nasty) is preparing itself for supreme power (they hope) along the lines of Marcos, Hussain, Gadhaffi et al. They just have one or two people to remove first. God help Thailand!

The poor and ignorant masses are being duped. If these fascists win there really is no future and Burma will look like a tea party. Perhaps I won't sell my house in France after all.

You forget Assad.

What about the Bushs, the Kennedys or the Clintons if we look at families and 'dynasties' in politics and power positions?

A return to democratic rule, AND a pretty face? Thank you, Lord!

Wonder if it'll still be a "pretty face" when she has a nervous breakdown during a televised debate with Abhisit.

Or is she too pretty for that?

A televised debate is not going to happen. I do not think she would stand a chance in a debate with Abhisit. The loss of face would be huge.

Abhisit should repeatedly and publicly insist on having a live televised debate. It would be a good opportunity for 48M eligible voters to get to know her, for her to present her intentions and style of leadership. Any reasons for declining the invitations should be publicly noted.

Kentucky State University???

Hicksville, USA.

If language is a problem, though, how come George Dubya Bush got into Yale. Daddy was as corrupt as any other politician, but super rich. And so, although Dubya has little knowledge of the English Language (or indeed of anything), he got into Yale and was voted in (twice, well, at least the second time) by the American sheeple.

Any time you want to snigger at Thai politics, just recall that Dubya was the most powerful politician on earth. Or maybe you should recall the likes of Sarkozy in France or Bliar in UK (followed by the equally appalling Brown).

Still, with all Thaksin's wealth, she should have been able to find a university a bit more up the evolutionary scale than Kentucky State.

But very educ-able.

Did I once see her on Thailovelinks?

So you have spent some time in the capital city of Kentucky ? Is that what qualifies your "hicksville" comment

Hicksville is way way out of line for the bluegrass country where the equine industry flourishes in opulant splendor.

It would help if there were less human DNA in that equine industry in Kentucky.

:D:lol:

As for Frankfort, Kentucky...with under 30,000 population and in those remote neck of the woods, it easily qualifies for a Hicksville, USA moniker.

Throw in other factors and it's the very embodiment of the term...

There were 12,314 households out of which 26.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.9% were married couples living together, 14.1% had a female householder with no husband present

The median income for a household in the city was $34,980

13.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.3% of those under age 18

800px-Frankfort_kentucky.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfort,_Kentucky

Edited by Buchholz

Abhisit should repeatedly and publicly insist on having a live televised debate. It would be a good opportunity for 48M eligible voters to get to know her, for her to present her intentions and style of leadership. Any reasons for declining the invitations should be publicly noted.

A 'frank, open' debate like in some Western democracies is out of the question. Not done, against Thai norm's, culture, etc., etc. Mind you, even in the West male politicians have a problem with a televised debate with female opponents ;)

Wonder if it'll still be a "pretty face" when she has a nervous breakdown during a televised debate with Abhisit.

Or is she too pretty for that?

Abhisit should repeatedly and publicly insist on having a live televised debate.

He already did that relentlessly with Thaksin, Samak, and Somchai... to no avail. They all refused.

It would be a good opportunity for 48M eligible voters to get to know her, for her to present her intentions and style of leadership.

Absolutely agree it would be... but it's also why it won't happen.

They don't want the public to know her.

A 'frank, open' debate like in some Western democracies is out of the question. Not done, against Thai norm's, culture, etc., etc. Mind you, even in the West male politicians have a problem with a televised debate with female opponents ;)

Has not much to do with Thai culture or that his opponent is a woman. Nobody is really interested to see Abhisit on TV.

He would just use it to increase his viewing rate.

Edited by bangkokeddy

Pretty Thai faces have compelled many men (Thai and farang) to go cry in their beer while calling out to the bar room walls, "Where did I go wrong? She was so cute and sweet when we met. Now she and her family have brand new cars and fancy houses, and I'm peddling a rickety bicycle back to my matchbox-sized room at the guest house."

Open mature political debates aren't part of Thailand's democratic process. Plus, the Shinawatres are swift at slamming defamation suits at anyone who may insinuate they're less than sterling examples of humanity.

:jerk:

How can you speak of a mature political debate after your first paragraph?

She looks Chinese and not Thai. Would the rural Thais want a rich Chinese lady leading Thailand? Do they even know her? How much contact time during her life has she had with the poor rural folk around the country? Less than one hour?

I'm rather uninterested in politics, but was caught by your bizarre logic. Rural Thais generally support Thaksin. Why would they not support his sister, who's the same ethnicity? By the way, Thaksin and Yingluck are not Chinese. They are Thai. Perhaps they are Thai-Chinese, which is the same as being Thai. One of these days, farangs in Thailand will understand this.

Has not much to do with Thai culture or that his opponent is a woman. Nobody is really interested to see Abhisit on TV.

That proffered point is superfluous to the initial point that Thaksin nor any of his subsequent proxies would ever agree to it in the first place.

Given how willing the rural Thais of Isaan and the north were to vote for Thaksin, I doubt they care much that she is a rich Chinese lady. And yes, 100% Chinese ethnicity, not that it should make any difference since she is 100% Thai (well unless she also has another few passports around like her relatives).

After all, as with Thaksin no doubt she will suddenly have some story about how she grew up in poverty and hardly had anything all her life (except a few billion) and so therefore is exactly the same as them, and perhaps we will even see a rerun of "Shinawatras go upcountry" with some reality TV as she stays in Roiet or somewhere living just like the poor people only with a fendi towel (exactly as Thaksin did in 2006).

I'm rather uninterested in politics, but was caught by your bizarre logic. Rural Thais generally support Thaksin. Why would they not support his sister, who's the same ethnicity?

She looks much more Chinese than Thai. Are Chinese ladies known to be strong in politics? Maybe she could run a country successfully, but there is no track record to go by.

Rural Thais generally support Thaksin. Why would they not support his sister

So just because they support Thaksin, they would automatically support his sister, who has no political experience? Are you suggesting that those people will assume that she will be a 100% puppet of Thaksin?

Perhaps they are Thai-Chinese, which is the same as being Thai.

Now that's what you call, using your own words, "bizarre logic". Thai-Chinese means mixed-race.

Edited by hyperdimension

That proffered point is superfluous to the initial point that Thaksin nor any of his subsequent proxies would ever agree to it in the first place.

The red shirt leaders agreed to live televised debates last year, so there is still some chance that Yingluck or any of the other Pheu Thai candidates may agree to one this time. Also, Pheu Thai had no hesitation in having censure debates.

Edited by hyperdimension

Yingluck Shinawatra

Executive President, SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited

Relative to the above with her apparent stepping down from the position is an update of the post below (from only a few months ago), the other paper is reporting that Pinthongta has now assumed an executive position with SC Asset.

That majority stockholder position is paying extra dividends on the job market (as long as it's with a Shin company) with a rapid climb up the corporate ladder.

It seems that Thaksin's daughter, Pinthongta, age 29, has begun working with her aunt, Yingluck, age 44, at SC Asset. She doesn't have any formal position yet with the company, but has been helping her aunt in marketing, events, campaigns, and customer relations management.

What might have helped get a foot in the door at the rapidly expanding business is that she is the second-largest shareholder of SC Asset with 28.97% of its stock.

Her younger sister, Paethongtarn, has a smidgen more as the number one stockholder with 29.93%.

SC Asset has set a goal of 10 Billion Baht in sales next year.

Which put together gives them 58.9% of the company.

Maybe Auntie Yingluck had better watch out.

No need... there's more than enough money to go around for all concerned.

A couple of Billionairesses...

228165.jpg

Thaksin's sister Yingluck (left) and daughter Pinthongta (right)

• 2 weeks later...

Relative to the above with her apparent stepping down from the position is an update of the post below (from only a few months ago), the other paper is reporting that Pinthongta has now assumed an executive position with SC Asset.

That majority stockholder position is paying extra dividends on the job market (as long as it's with a Shin company) with a rapid climb up the corporate ladder.

It seems that Thaksin's daughter, Pinthongta, age 29, has begun working with her aunt, Yingluck, age 44, at SC Asset. She doesn't have any formal position yet with the company, but has been helping her aunt in marketing, events, campaigns, and customer relations management.

What might have helped get a foot in the door at the rapidly expanding business is that she is the second-largest shareholder of SC Asset with 28.97% of its stock.

Her younger sister, Paethongtarn, has a smidgen more as the number one stockholder with 29.93%.

SC Asset has set a goal of 10 Billion Baht in sales next year.

Which put together gives them 58.9% of the company.

Maybe Auntie Yingluck had better watch out.

No need... there's more than enough money to go around for all concerned.

A couple of Billionairesses...

228165.jpg

Thaksin's sister Yingluck (left) and daughter Pinthongta (right)

and now, in a few months time, she's moved from office helper to becoming the boss CEO.... :o

as fast as fast track as one can imagine... :lol:

Thaksin's Daughter Tipped as New SC Asset CEO

Daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Pinthongta, is considered to be the best candidate to take the top job at SC Asset Corporation following her aunt Yingluck Shinawatra's resignation.

Yingluck Shinawatra is the sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

She has officially resigned from the post of chief executive officer of SC Asset Corporation to contest as Pheu Thai Party's number one party-list candidate.

The resignation will take effect on June 30.

SC Asset is the real estate arm of the Shinawatra family business.

After Yingluck's resignation, SC Asset has initiated a search for a new CEO to replace her.

Asked if Pinthongta Shinawatra, Thaksin's second daughter, is a likely candidate to succeed her, Yingluck said Pinthongta has recently been appointed as an executive board member of the company.

Although Yingluck has given up the top job at SC Asset, she still owns around one percent of SC Asset shares.

She noted her ownership of SC Asset shares does not violate the election law since the real estate firm is not involved in any state contracts.

Earlier, SC Asset's Chief Financial Officer Attapol Sariddipuntawat revealed that the company's board of directors has resolved to appoint Pinthongta as an executive board member at its meeting on May 12.

The appointment was effective immediately.

Currently, Paethongtan Shinawatra, Thaksin's youngest daughter, holds 29.61-percent stake in the company, followed by Pinthongta with 28.66-percent stake, Banpoj Damapong with 4.9-percent stake and Thaksin's ex-wife Pojaman Damapong with 2.85-percent stake.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-05-24

footer_n.gif